Private Tour: Segovia Day Trip From Madrid
OverviewExperience a trip back in time to the Roman era on this 8-hour private day trip to Segovia. Leave Madrid behind and travel to this ancient Roman city, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Choose to see the city at your own pace with a private driver, or upgrade to include a guide, too. Take in sights such as Segovia Cathedral, AlcÃ¡zar Castle and the Aqueduct of Segovia, and delve into the side streets of the atmospheric Old Town.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourYour private day trip offers a choice of just having a driver for the day or having a driver and guide, too. The Driver Only option gives you the freedom to explore Segovia at your own pace and see the sights that interest you most, with convenient transport from A to B. By upgrading to include a guide, youll enjoy a flexible tour of the city with transport to each of the sites. Read on to understand a typical Driver and Guide tour!
Driver and Guide:
Start with a pickup from your Madrid hotel, and then relax on the journey to the famous UNESCO World Heritage site of Segovia. This ancient Roman city enjoys an idyllic setting between the rivers Eresma and Clamores, bordered by the imposing Sierra de Guadarrama mountain range.
First, take a look at impressive Segovia Cathedral, fondly known as the lady of cathedrals for its elegance. Built in late-Gothic style, this Roman Catholic church sits in the center of the city and boasts a fascinating history. Then, continue with your guide to admire the impressive Alczar Castle, one of the most remarkable castle-palaces in the country.
If you want a break from exploring, enjoy a rest in the shade in Segovias grand central square. Here, the hustle and bustle of daily life continues as it has done for centuries, and you can soak up the atmosphere whilst enjoying the fine views. One of the benefits of a private tour is that the itinerary is relatively flexible, and you can take breaks or perhaps see other attractions, as you wish. Simply discuss with your guide on the day.
As you continue to discover Segovias many wonders, take time to marvel at the citys enormous aqueduct, one of the finest Roman monuments still to be standing on the Iberian Peninsula. The Aqueduct of Segovias precise construction date remains a mystery, though its thought to date back as far as the 1st century. The structure still carries water from the Fuente Fra River into the city to this day!
Follow your knowledgeable guide through the city, and ask for tips for the best places to stop for lunch, perhaps enjoying local delicacies such as suckling pig or delicious Castilian soup. Any meals and drinks are at your own expense. At the end of your tour, say goodbye to your guide and travel back to your hotel in Madrid with your driver.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Segovia Day Trip From Madrid
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Private driver
- Private guide (if option selected)
Exclusions for Private Tour: Segovia Day Trip From Madrid
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is involved; please wear comfortable shoes and clothes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Prado Museum and Royal Palace of Madrid Tour with Skip the Line Entrance
- Madrid Highlights: Guided Segway Sightseeing Tour
- Toledo Guided Half Day Tour from Madrid
- Spanish Cooking Class in Madrid
- Zarzuela Opera and Dinner at La Castafiore Restaurant in Madrid
- Hot-Air Balloon Ride over Toledo or Segovia with Optional Transport from Madrid