Private Tour: Segovia Day Trip From Madrid By High-Speed Train
OverviewTravel back in time to the rule of the Romans on this 8-hour private day trip to Segovia, with a round-trip, high-speed train ticket from Madrid. After meeting a private guide in Segovia, explore the fascinating UNESCO World Heritage-listed city on a walking tour. Marvel at the Aqueduct of Segovia, discover the 11th-century Alcázar Castle and learn all about Segovia Cathedral. Enjoy personalized commentary from your private guide, and make the most of some free time before returning to Madrid.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourYour round-trip train ticket will be sent to your Madrid hotel in advance of your tour. Simply make your own way to Madrids Chamartn Station, hop aboard your high-speed train, and then meet your guide in Segovia. The UNESCO-listed Roman city enjoys an idyllic setting between the rivers Eresma and Clamores, bordered by the imposing Sierra de Guadarrama mountain range. Gaze out of the window on the train and ogle the stunning sights as they slip into view.
On arrival, travel with your guide by taxi into central Segovia, and then head out on your walking tour. First, take time to marvel at the citys enormous aqueduct, one of the finest Roman monuments still to be standing on the Iberian Peninsula. The Aqueduct of Segovias precise construction date remains a mystery, though its thought to date back as far as the 1st century. The structure still carries water from the Fuente Fra River into the city to this day! Admire the sheer scale of this masterpiece of Roman engineering, and take time to photograph this important landmark.
Continue onward with your guide to admire impressive Alczar Castle, one of the most remarkable castle-palaces in the country. Built in the 11th century, this medieval fortress is often said to be an inspiration for Disneys fairytale castle! As you explore the exterior of the site, imagine the many medieval tournaments, feasts and festivals that may once have taken place inside its walls.
Your next stop is impressive Segovia Cathedral, fondly known as the lady of cathedrals for its elegance. Built in late-Gothic style, this Roman Catholic church sits in the center of the city and boasts a fascinating history. Pose for photos in front of its attention-grabbing faade, and hear snippets of its past from your guide.
After your walking tour finishes, enjoy some free time to see the city at your own pace. Perhaps ask your guide for tips for the best places to stop for lunch, and try out local delicacies such as suckling pig or delicious Castilian soup. Any meals, refreshments and admission tickets are at your own expense.
At the prearranged time, make your own way back to Segovia station and board your train back to Madrids Chamartn Station. Please note: Guide will be available for 3 hours or 5 hours during tour
Inclusions for Private Tour: Segovia Day Trip From Madrid By High-Speed Train
- Private guide (Available for 3 or 5 hours during the tour)
- Round-trip train ticket from Madrid to Segovia
- Taxi from Segovia station to central Segovia
Exclusions for Private Tour: Segovia Day Trip From Madrid By High-Speed Train
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is involved; please wear comfortable shoes and clothes
Not wheelchair/stroller accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Flamenco Show with Lesson from Madrid
- Madrid Buen Retiro Park Small-Group Tour and Skip-the-Line Prado Museum Ticket
- Super Saver: Avila and Salamanca Day Trip Plus Madrid Walking tour
- Madrid Highlights: Guided Segway Tour
- Arabian Baths Experience at Madrid's Hammam Al ndalus
- 2 or 3 Day Cordoba and Seville from Madrid by Bus and High Speed Train