Private Tour: Siena And San Gimignano With Wine Tasting And Chianti Village VisitWrite a Review
Explore the Chianti countryside on a private full-day tour from Florence, with visits to Siena, San Gimignanoand a traditional village. Delve back in time with a guided stroll through Siena's old town, and step inside its storied cathedral home to the magnificent Libreria Piccolomini. After lunch (own expense) enjoy some free time in the UNESCO listed town of San Gimignano, then set out for a local winery fora tasting of local vino varietals. See the medieval village of San Donato in Poggio on your return to Florence.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tour
Meet your private driver at your Florence hotel for a full-day tour through the Chianti countryside, a stunning Italian wine region known for its spectacular array of vineyards and olive groves. Once reaching Siena, you'll embark on a guided walk through the city's old town, exploring its medieval streets, marveling at its palaces and learning about Siena's varied history as you go. While here, you'll enjoy an opportunity to visit its 13th-century cathedral, home to the Libreria Piccolomini a fresco-covered hall originally built to house the books of Pope Pius III.
After some free time for lunch (own expense), you'll rejoin with your group for a drive through the heart of the Chianti territory, passing by the ancient fortified hamlet of Monteriggioni en route to San Gimignano. This UNESCO-listed World Heritage Site is known for its many distinct medieval features, including the Torre Grossa or Great Tower and its Duomo di San Gimignano. Set out on your own to discover this picturesque hill town known as the "Manhattan of the Middle Ages, before meeting back up for a visit to a typical small-scale production winery in the heart of the Chianti Classico area. Walk through its ancient vineyards (where the owner still handpicks grapes) on your way to the winery's barrique room, where you'll get to taste four different wines paired with an array of locally sourced delicacies.
Your return trip to Florence includes a stop in San Donato in Poggio, an 11th-century fortified settlement that has maintained part of its walls and is home to an exquisite Romanesque parish church.
Please note: On Sundays and National Holidays, Siena's cathedral is closed to the public; it is replaced with the Basilica of San Domenico.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Siena And San Gimignano With Wine Tasting And Chianti Village Visit
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private vehicle: Luxury Sedan (1-3 pax) or Luxury Minivan (4-8 pax)
- English-speaking driver
- Wine tasting (4 varietals)
- Stops in Siena, San Gimignano and San Donato in Poggio
- private local guide in Siena (approx. 2 hours)
- Entrance fees: Siena Cathedral and Libreria Piccolomini
Exclusions for Private Tour: Siena And San Gimignano With Wine Tasting And Chianti Village Visit
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Involves a moderate amount of walking
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.