Private Tour: Skip-the-Line Accademia Gallery And Michelangelo's David Tour - Florence
OverviewSee one of Michelangelo's most famous masterpieces with this private, skip-the-line 2-hour tour of the Accademia Gallery in Florence. Admire the impressive statue of David close-up with a guide to explain its history and significance. Choose a morning or afternoon tour, and either a private tour or a small-group tour of, at most, 10 people.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- All entrance fees included
- Led by a local guide
- Skip the line
- Tour is wheelchair accessible
Know More about this tour
Get picked up at your centrally-located Florence hotel by your guide and head for the Accademia Gallery, one of the city's top museums. Bypass the long queues with skip-the-line tickets.
The main draw of the Accademia is Michelangelo's 'David.'The statue dominates the museum's central gallery; this unique work of art has become the symbol of Renaissance splendor. Take the time to gaze upon this masterpiece and admire its beauty from every perspective.
Michelangelo was still in his early 20s when he carved the statuefrom a single block of Carrara marble. It's17 feet (5.17 meters)tall, and represents the Biblical hero, David, who slayed Goliath. It was unveiled in 1504 and soon after came to symbolize the defense of civil liberties embodied by the Florentine Republic.
In addition to 'David,' the Accademia also has several unfinished Michelangelo sculptures, plus a collection that includes works by Botticelli, Paolo Uccello, Andrea del Sarto, and more. Enjoy insights into theartwork on display from your guide throughout the tour.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Skip-the-Line Accademia Gallery And Michelangelo's David Tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup (selected hotels only in the city center): you will meet the tour guide at the hotel
- Private Tour
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Blue Badge guide
- Professional art historian guide
Exclusions for Private Tour: Skip-the-Line Accademia Gallery And Michelangelo's David Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Private driver
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Self-Drive Vintage Vespa Tour with Villa and Winery Tour
- Cooking Class in Traditional Tuscan Farm
- Siena, San Gimignano, Monteriggioni and Chianti Wine Tasting Tour from Florence
- Pizza and Gelato Cooking Class in the Chianti Countryside
- Private Tour: Perugia and Assisi Day Trip from Florence
- Vintage Fiat 500 Panoramic Tour of Florence from Pisa