Private Tour: Skip-the-Line Colosseum And Gems Of Rome
OverviewTake a step back in time to the age of gladiators, great rulers, emperors and popes, art and Roman history. This three hour skip the line tour brings together all the facets of Ancient Rome. This experience also allows you to learn about obelisks and ancient divine statues, medieval buildings, renaissance and baroque monuments and fountains, legends and traditions still alive, because this tour includes some of the main attractions of Rome: Colosseum, Imperial forum, Venice Square, the Sacred Area where Julius Caesar was murdered, the Pantheon and Navona Square, the most famous baroque masterpiece.
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Led by a local guide
- All-inclusive tour
Know More about this tourAfter meeting-up with your guide in the morning or afternoon, head to one of the most iconic monuments in the history of mankind, the Colosseum. Relive the last moments of a gladiator, hear the roaring crowd of more than 60,000 people and feel the awe that someone whos first time in Rome would have felt at the grandeur and magnificence of the Eternal City.
Next, walk along the Imperial Fora, a series of public squares constructed between 46 B.C. and 113 A.D. From there you will get a feel, and a taste, of how ancient Rome really was. These are the places where justice was administrated, prayers to the roman gods were made, the economy was run, money changed, visitors admitted, monuments erected, triumphal parades organized, slaves freed, and books kept. In simple words, this is where Romans lived. Through this street you'll getto Venice Square which still celebrates the Unification of Italy with its imposing national monument, the Vittoriano. In the same square you will recognize the famous balcony from which Mussolini spoke to his people before and during the Second World War.
Continuing on, you will discover that the current city was built on the ruins of the ancient one. Stop in Torre di Largo Argentina to meditate on the place where Julius Caesar was assassinated. From here, move to Piazza della Rotonda where you will find in front of you one of the most beautiful and best preserved building from ancient times, the Pantheon. Its story begins nearly 2000 years ago when Agrippa, faithful friend of Augustus had a temple which was dedicated to all gods in the heaven. In those days it looked very different. It was Hadrian who rebuilt the Pantheon as you see it now. Nearby is one of the most famous gelaterias and cafs. No better place to enjoy an ice cream or a lovely espresso.
Finish the tour in Navona Square, one of the most elegant squares in the world, the symbol of the Roman baroque. See what a strange, long, narrow shape it is. The square traces the same lines of the ancient stadium built by the emperor Domitian. The buildings you can admire along its sides have their foundations on top of the spectators steps around the stadium and the surface of the square itself on top of the arena where Romans held the athletics games.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Skip-the-Line Colosseum And Gems Of Rome
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Skip-the-line access
Exclusions for Private Tour: Skip-the-Line Colosseum And Gems Of Rome
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This is a private service. Other ticket discounts cannot be honored
Dress code is smart casual
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase and 1 carry-on bag. Over-sized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- 3-Day Italy Trip: Naples, Pompeii and Amalfi
- Small-Group Cooking Lesson in Roman Countryside
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Civitavecchia Cruise Port to Rome Fiumicino Airport
- Florence Day Trip from Rome by High-Speed Train
- Civitavecchia Private Transfer: Rome Fiumicino Airport to Civitavecchia Cruise Port
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Vespa 125cc Rental Rome