- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Skip the line
- All entrance fees included
- Led by a local guide
- Led by an art historian
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tour
You start this tour at the Rijksmuseum to indulge in some of Holland’s most famous artists, like Rembrandt, while learning about the country’s cultural history. Our guides will share their favorite stories about the museum’s best and quirkiest pieces. For those who aren’t familiar with Dutch culture, you will explore its rich and vibrant past through a selection of paintings and artifacts from the 8000 objects on display. You’ll explore familiar names like Rembrandt while discussing lesser known items like 17th century dollhouses and Vermeer’s portrait of domesticity, “The Milkmaid.” There’s even a fascinating 19th century library containing more stories than you could ever tell.
Next, you’ve heard about one of the world’s most famous painters, Vincent Van Gogh. But what do you really know about this Dutch artist? After a break for lunch, enter the Van Gogh Museum to meet the man behind the famous sunflowers and self-portraits that feature in galleries around the world. See his work “The Potato Eaters” and “The Bedroom” as well as objects from his studio. Visit the world’s largest collection of Van Gogh’s works while learning about his troubled life from his days in Holland to his dramatic ending in France. And yes, you’ll discuss that whole ear incident.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Skip-the-Line Van Gogh Museum And Rijksmuseum Amsterdam Guided Tour
- Entrance fees
- Skip-the-line entry
- Professional art historian guide
- Private tour
- Break for lunch
Exclusions for Private Tour: Skip-the-Line Van Gogh Museum And Rijksmuseum Amsterdam Guided Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people permitted per tour allowed
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Notes: Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.