OverviewVisit the Croatian coastal city of Split on a day trip from Dubrovnik, led by a private guide! Make the most of a flexible itinerary, and choose the top Split attractions that you want to see during a full day of sightseeing. Learn about the city history and discover the architectural legacy left by the Roman Emperor Diocletian while exploring UNESCO-listed Diocletian Palace and other must-visit sites like Republic Square.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourLeave central Dubrovnik in the early morning, and travel by luxury, air-conditioned vehicleto Split roughly three hours north. Sit back and relax as you travel, admiring the gorgeous coastal scenery while chatting with your guide about the places you want to see. Your itinerary is flexible and your guide will happily tailor it to your interests.
After arriving in Split, stretch your legs on a walking tour of the center. The coastal towns A-list attraction is Diocletian Palace an incredible UNESCO World Heritage Site that nearly encompasses the town. Originally built as an ornate home for Emperor Diocletian, the palace became a city in its own right as more buildings were added to it throughout the ages.
Stroll around Peristyle Square within the palace grounds, listening to tales about the extravagant Emperor Diocletian while seeing sights like the Cathedral of St Duje with its magnificent bell tower. Pose for photos next to the Temple of Jupiter a beautifully preserved Roman monument and then head out of the palace grounds to discover the rest of Splits delights.
Stop to rub the foot of the Gregory of Nin Statue for luck, and then amble over to Republic Square (Prokurative), a Mediterranean-style plaza lined with elaborate Neo-Renaissance buildings. Hear about the concerts and cultural events that take place here, and then pass Mestrovic Gallery a museum dedicated to the work of Croatian sculptor Ivan Mestrovic.
Enjoy a break for lunch (own expense), and then perhaps spend your afternoon either continuing sightseeing around town to learn more about Splits history, or perhaps checking out the city beaches. In the late afternoon return to your vehicle and travel south to Dubrovnik. Your tour finishes at the start point in the early evening.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Split Day Trip From Dubrovnik
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private English speaking driver/guide
- Transport by luxury vehicle
Exclusions for Private Tour: Split Day Trip From Dubrovnik
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.