Learn all about St Petersburgs history and sights on a 3-hour walking tour, led by a private guide! The itinerary can be tailored to specific interests; simply let the guide know when the tour starts. Then, head off to discover top St Petersburg attractions like Palace Square, Winter Palace, Senate Square and more. This exciting tour also includes visits to St Isaac's Cathedral and the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood.
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourArrange your private St Petersburg walking tour to start at a time to suit your schedule. Then enjoy a pickup from your hotel to the heart of the city, where your walking tour commences. Your itinerary is flexible, meaning your tour can be tailored to your preferences. If theres something of particular interest, just let your guide know.
Set off on a stroll around Palace Square, a gorgeous central square that boasts Imperial-era architecture. Headed up by the colorful Winter Palace, Palace Square boasts not only grandiose buildings but a rich history, too; hear tales from your guide about the October Revolution in 1917 when repressed citizens stormed the Winter Palace.
Take a wander down Nevsky Prospekt, seeing its bustling shops, and learn how the main street was created at the request of Tsar Peter the Great the citys founder and a man held in reverence by Petersburgers still today. Pass through Senate Square to see the Monument to Peter the Great (aka the Bronze Horseman) and then take a rest at the Embankment.
Have your camera ready to capture photos of Peter and Paul Fortress, a historical site that sprawls across St Petersburgs Zayachy Island, and then visit three of the citys magnificent Russian Orthodox cathedrals.
First on your list is St Isaacs Cathedral, a delightful golden-domed creation that was built during the days of the Romanov dynasty. Walk around inside and marvel at its towering marble colonnades, ceiling frescoes and walls lavishly bedecked with mosaics. Compare its ostentatious design with the more refined simplicity of nearby Kazan Cathedral, and then head to the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood one of the citys superstar sights. Pose for photos against its candy-colored faade and explore inside while hearing tales of Tsar Alexander II, a reformist assassinated on the spot where the church was later built.
Finish your private tour with a drop-off at your St Petersburg hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: St Petersburg Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private guide
- Entrance to St Isaac's Cathedral and the Church of the Saviour on Spilled Blood
Exclusions for Private Tour: St Petersburg Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Entrance to attractions unless otherwise specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.