Private Tour: Stellenbosch Winelands Taste Tour From Cape Town
OverviewEmbark on a tantalizing tour of the Stellenbosch Winelands on this full-day tour from Cape Town. Whether you're a wine connoisseur or just a lover of natural beauty, you'll be swept away with the tastes and sights of the Stellenbosch wine region. Sample wine paired with "biltong" (cured meat) and 'droëwors' (dried sausage). Cap your tastings with artisan ice cream that has been developed to perfectly match your wine, before enjoying free time at Babylonstoren, a Cape Dutch wine farm with unique heritage garden, lush vineyards and farm-to-table restaurants & winery.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at your accommodation in Cape Town, then set off in an air-conditioned minivan to begin your full-day tour of the Stellenbosch Winelands.
Soak up the views on a scenic drive through Stellenboschs historical centre to reach Babylonstoren, a Cape Dutch wine farm surrounded by vineyards, orchards and the dramatic mountains of the Drakenstein Valley. Should you wish, another wine tasting can be arranged at this last stop of the day too (optional wine tasting at own expense).
Experience the simple daily rhythm of a working farm. Spanning over eight acres, all of the edible varieties in the garden are grown as biologically as possible, supplying a remarkable organic Green House Deli and farm restaurant - a foodie heaven (lunch is at your own expense).
Enjoy meandering walks along this exceptionally wellpreserved werf (garden grounds) dating from 1690, inspired by the Company Gardens of the Cape and the mythical garden of Babylon.
Followed by "biltong" (cured meat) and wine pairing at a bustling winery, located in the heart of South Africas oldest and most renowned wine route. This unique pairing of premium wines with specially selected cured and dried meats is a true celebration of our local heritage. Tasting notes mayinclude Springbok, Beef, Ostrich cured meats paired with Pinotage, Merlot & Cabernet Sauvignon.
Get ready for an innovative taste combination; pairing wine and homemade artisan ice cream in breathtaking green Devon Valley, renowned for its award-winning Cape Blends. The head chef develops the flavors and aromas each season to get a great match. Sample some of the delights on offer, including Passion Fruit and White Chocolate ice-cream matched with Sauvignon Blanc; Methode Cap Classique paired with a delectable Strawberry and reduced Balsamic ice-cream; Pinotage paired with Peppermint Dark Chocolate ice-cream, (ice cream or soup pairing styles and flavors are seasonal, and may differ from suggested guideline).
End your day with a visit to the Ernie Els winery to experience the fascinating world of wine as seen and enjoyed by this renowned South African golfer. Take a seat and drink in views of Stellenbosch's surrounding vineyards and Table Mountain in the distance, as you taste four wine varietals including Chenin Blanc, Rose and Shiraz/ Cabernet Sauvignon blends.
Your full-day tour then concludes in the late evening with a drop-off back at your Cape Town hotel.
Please note: the wine estates visited are subject to change without notice on the day of your tour, and ice-cream pairing option is usually not available from June to July, but alternative wine pairing will then be arranged.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Stellenbosch Winelands Taste Tour From Cape Town
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local guide
- Wine tastings
- Biltong + Drowors wine pairing
- Ice cream wine pairing
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Tour: Stellenbosch Winelands Taste Tour From Cape Town
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Confirmation need to be received after booking request
Must be 18 years and older for wine tasting
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Wine tasting or wine pairings are not included for kids under the legal drinking age of 18 years. Meals and drinks for children are for the adults account.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Cape Peninsula and Boulders Beach Penguins Day Trip from Cape Town
- Private Tour: Cape Winelands Tour from Cape Town
- 5-Day Garden Route Adventure Tour: Addo National Park, Jeffreys Bay, Wilderness National Park, Cango Wildlife Ranch and Oudtshoorn
- Whale Watching Guided Day Tour from Cape Town
- Table Mountain and Cape Town Half-Day Trip
- Private Cape Riviera and Whale Watching Tour from Cape Town