Private Tour: Story Of Communism In Bucharest
OverviewLearn more about dictator Nicolae Ceausescu, communism victims and 1989 Revolution. A fascinating tour about communism victims, about the Dictator Nicolae Ceausescu's life and impact on Romania's history. The tour will include the military base in Targoviste where the Ceausescu couple was judged and executed, Revolution Square in Bucharest, Ceausescu's greatest creation - The House of the People and the photo gallery 'Memorial to the Victims of Communism and Resistance'.You will be tracing the communist dictator's steps, seeing places where the Ceausescu couple had stayed to the place where they escaped before being captured and executed on Christmas Eve in 1989.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourItinerary: Bucharest - Targoviste Military Base - Bucharest: Parliament Palace - Revolution Square -Communist Era Neighborhoods
Military Base in Targoviste: Leave Bucharest and drive for 1.5 hours to reach Targoviste- a small town located in south-eastern Romania. The town became famous due the fact that here, the communist dictator Nicolae Ceausescu and his wife Elena, were executed in 1989. Former military barracks where the dictatorand his wife, were shot after a very short trial, were turned into a unique museum and open for the public.
Return to Bucharestand take a tour inside the Palace of the Parliament:the second largest building in the world after the Pentagon. The Palace was designed and nearly completed by the Ceausescu regime as the seat of political and administrative power. Nicolae Ceausescu named it the House of the Republic, but many Romanians call it the People's House.
Revolution Square: where you will see the former communist offices of Ceausescu and the site where the 1989 Revolution started in Bucharest, the memorial plaque with all the names of the people that died fighting for freedom and monument in their memory.
Communist Neighborhoods:Get out of the town center and drive through the neighborhoods to see the communist era apartment buildings and get a glimpse of old socialist Bucharest.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Story Of Communism In Bucharest
- - Hotel pick-up & drop-off
- Transportation by comfortable air-conditioned car / minibus
- English-speaking guide
- Assistance during the entire trip
Exclusions for Private Tour: Story Of Communism In Bucharest
- - Entrance & photo fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private One Day Tour of Medieval Romania from Bucharest
- Small-Group Day Trip to North Bulgaria
- 2-Day Small-Group Tour to Dracula's Castle, Rasnov Fortress, Peles Castle, Sighisoara and Viscri Village with Overnight in Brasov
- 7-Day Private Tour of Romania and Serbia from Bucharest
- Half Day Bucharest Sightseeing Tour
- Targoviste Small-Group Day Trip to Wallachia from Bucharest