Private Tour: Taipei Old Town Dadaocheng Historic Walking Tour
OverviewJoin this tour to explore the old town at Dadaocheng and reminisce the good old days of Taipei. It will be a unique experience to immerse yourself in the history of Taipei. Visit the southern part of Dihua Street, Yongle Fabric Marketï¼Xiahai Chenghuang Temple, Li Chun-Sheng Memorial Church and more. Also, you will experience Taiwanese local food during this tour at Taipei Chien-Cheng Circle.
- Family friendly
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Your tour guide will meet and greet with you at MRT Longshan Temple Station at 9 o'clock in the morning. Your first stop is Starbucks Coffee Store Mankah branch. The uniqueness of this branch is that the building itself is used to be Wanhua Lin House. The Lin family during Japanese colonial period was the richest family in Wanhua and the house is more than 80 years old. The creative design and the transformation make this old building feel live again.
Next, you will visit Longshan Temple. Longshan Temple was founded in 1738 by Han immigrants. It is dedicated to the Bodhisattva of mercy, Guanyin. The temple becomes one of the city's top religious sites, and a prime venue for exploring both Taiwan's vibrant folk faith and its unique temple arts and architecture.
Continue your tour to the last stop, you will first enroute to Grass Lane. It was a short and narrow lane that people used to buying herbs to heal the illness and disease. Pass the Grass Lane, you will at the Bopiliao. Bopiliao Ancient Street was developed in the early Qing Dynasty. The street retains the looks from two hundred years ago because it had been set as the location for a new school in 1945. During 1999 to 2009, the Taiwan Government has repaired the buildings, built a Heritage and Culture Center of Taipei City, and invited artists to decorate the street. Today, the Bopiliao Old Street is full of art crafts and creative wall paintings.
After visiting Bopiliao, you will have a chance to try traditional Taiwanese cuisine at Zhou Porridge. This store is more than 60 years old and still a popular restaurant to locals now. Your tour guide will walk you back to MRT Longshan Temple Station after the lunch and tour ends.
Suggested Lunch Menu
Main Course (choose one)
- Taiwanese Meatball
- Pork Thick Soup with noodles
- Pork Thick Soup with rice-flour noodles
Beverage: Iced Roselle Tea
Inclusions for Private Tour: Taipei Old Town Dadaocheng Historic Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Private walking tour
Exclusions for Private Tour: Taipei Old Town Dadaocheng Historic Walking Tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Please wear comfortable shoes
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Reflexology Foot Massage in Taipei
- Taipei City Highlight: Culture, Shopping and Foodie Tour All In One
- Private Tour: Sun Moon Lake Day Trip with Cruise and Bullet Train from Taipei
- Taipei Private Transfer: Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport to Keelung Cruise Port
- 5-Hour Thousand Island Lake and Pinglin Tea Plantation Scenery Tour
- 1-Day Cycling Tour: Daiyujue River Cycling Path and Pinglin Tea Industry Museum