Private Tour: Taj Mahal And Agra Day Tour From Delhi In Private CarWrite a Review
OverviewThis tour is a day trip to the Taj Mahal with stops at Sikandra Palace, Agra Fort and Itmad-ud-Daula from Delhi. On this tour, you will be chauffeured around Agra in an air-conditioned private car to see the best of what the city has to offer. Agra, located on the bank of the Yamuna river, is a major tourist destination because of its many splendid Mughal-era buildings like the Taj Mahal, Agra Fort, Sikandra, Itmad-ud-Daula. Of these monuments, the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort are world heritage sites.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
Know More about this tourAfter pickup from your Delhi city hotel, you will get in a private car and head four hours to the city of Agra, located on the banks of the Yamuna River.
Your first stop will be at Sikandra, the mausoleum of Akbar. Akbar himself started construction of the structure which has a perfect blending of Hindu, Christian, Islamic, Buddhist, Jain themes. Take some pictures at this beautiful monument in your hour spent there.
After that, you will proceed to the Agra Fort, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This treasure of Mughal architecture was a symbol of power, strength and resilience. Over time, Agra Fort has seen many battles and undergone major renovations and you will see its classical fusion of Hindu and Islamic architecture in the construction and decor.
Following your time at the Agra Fort, you will head to the Taj-Mahal, India’s most iconic building and also a UNESCO World Heritage site. The Taj Mahal is a white marble mausoleum. It was built by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his beloved third wife, Mumtaz Mahal, and covers an area of about 1000 acres. The architecture of the Taj Mahal is a combination of Persian, Turkish and Indian architecture. Admire the monument and take some more pictures that will last a lifetime.
After your time at the Taj Mahal, you will be brought to a great local restaurant for lunch. (not included)
After lunch, visit the Tomb of Itmad-ud-Daula, a mausoleum which has a special place in the chronicles of both history and architecture. The mausoleum, often described as a jewel box, is regarded as a draft of the Taj Mahal because is the very first tomb in India that is entirely made out of marble. The structure has a beautiful view overlooking the Yamuna river and provides you with more great photo opportunities.
At the end of private tour, sit back and relax on the drive back to Delhi where you will be dropped off at your Delhi city hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Taj Mahal And Agra Day Tour From Delhi In Private Car
- One water bottle for each guest
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry fees to the monuments
- Professional guide
- Exclusive private air-conditioned chauffeur driven car
- All taxes, toll and parking fees and fuel charges
- All present applicable taxes
Exclusions for Private Tour: Taj Mahal And Agra Day Tour From Delhi In Private Car
- Any personal expenses
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Camera ticket
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Please note that departure times and locations may vary slightly
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.