The development of Kiev as a financial and trade center resulted in a multinational city with diverse religious convictions. Under Soviet rule, many of Kievs numerous churches were destroyed. The few that survived were turned into museums or were used as warehouses. Today, there are a number of Christian Orthodox and some Catholic churches, five Synagogues, Mosque, and a variety of other denominations and religions. Christian Orthodox churches: St. Sofia Cathedral /1037/, St. Volodymir Cathedral /1882/, Ilininska Church /1692/, Ascension Church or Svyato - Ascension Church/1883/, St. Andrews Church /1754/, St. Cyrils Church /1146/, Pokrova or Protection of the Virgin Mary /1766/, Cathedrals; St Nicholas Cathedral /1899-1909/, Aleksander Cathedral /1817-1842/, Synagogues; Podil Synagogue, The Central Synagogue of Kiev /1897/, Monasteries; Kiev Pecherska Lavra Monastery /1051/, Vydunetsky Monastery /1070-1077/, Pokrova Convent /1889/, St. Flors Convent /15 century/.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Instant Confirmation
- Lowest Price Guaranteed
- Duration: 3 Hrs
Departure Time :
Start time for this tour is flexible. If time is not informed and agreed in your booking, tour will start at 10am (local time) from your hotel or apartment accommodation. Please choose your suitable t.. read more
Departure Details :
Traveler's centrally located Hotel or Apartment in Kiev.
Return Details :
Returns to original departure point
Cancellation Policy : Cancel up to 2 days in advance for a full refund
Tour of Temples, Churches and Monasteries of Kiev.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tour
- Guided tour or walking tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation for guided tour will be by private car, or minivan, minibus
- Private 3-hour tour of the Religious Kiev
- Entrance fees to the St. Sophia's Cathedral (about $2 per person)
- Entrance fees to Kiev-Pechersk Lavra Monastery (about $2 per person). Please note that you should pay entrance fees for your private guide
- Food and drinks
- Souvenirs and photos (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Learn the history of the religious life of the Kiev
Guides in other languages are available upon request, subject to availability
You can enjoy this product as a walking tour. During the walking tour you will use the public bus and metro to move between sites. Tour will provide in Downtown and some objects are not for available due the destinations between them.