From USD 61.25
OverviewVisit the archeological site of Teotihuacan a UNESCO World Heritage site on this private tour from Mexico City with an expert archeologist guide. As you tour the pyramids, plazas and murals and take in the majestic atmosphere, youll have the advantage of a private guide who is full of fascinating information about Teotihuacan, which is believed to have been established around 100 BC. You'll also have the chance to climb up the Pyramid of the Sun and Pyramid of the Moon. A tequila and mescal tasting is also included!
- All entrance fees included
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourAfter hotel pickup by your private guide, head about an hour northeast of Mexico City to Teotihuacan. Known as the City of the Gods, Teotihuacan was one of the largest and most important pre-Aztec cities in Mexico, home to nearly 200,000 people from several ancient cultures.
Explore the archeological site’s pyramids, plazas and palaces with your archeologist guide, who is able to give you all kinds of expert information about Teotihuacan’s physical and cultural history and answer any questions you have during your tour about buildings like the Temple of Quetzalcoatl and the Palace of Quetzalpapalotl. Hear stories about the ancient people who lived here and news about the latest archeological discoveries. See large murals, and walk along the Avenue of the Dead (Calle de los Muertos), a 1.5-mile (2.4-km) road that connects the main structures, including the Pyramid of the Moon and Pyramid of the Sun.
The Pyramid of the Moon and the Pyramid of the Sun are Teotihuacan’s most famous — and largest — structures, and you have the opportunity to climb them, if you wish, for outstanding views of the whole city.
After your tour, head back to Mexico City, stopping by an obsidian workshop on the way to meet a local family and enjoy tastings of tequila, mescal and liqueurs made from native cactus. You may also purchase lunch here, if you like. Your day trip ends with hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Teotihuacan Pyramids With An Archeologist
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fees to Teotihuacan
- Private guide (professional archaeologist)
Exclusions for Private Tour: Teotihuacan Pyramids With An Archeologist
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
It's recommended you wear sunblock, a hat and walking shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.