OverviewRich in Buddhism, the north of Vietnam is home to the country's most colorful and revered pagodas and temples. On this trip, we will visit the Thay pagoda, located 30 kilometers southwest of Hanoi and built in the 11th century. A picturesque pond in front of the pagoda brings peace and tranquility into the scene and serves as a natural venue for water puppet shows during festivals.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourOur guide and driver will wait for you in your hotel lobby from which we leave the city center for our tour through Buddhist history in northern Vietnam. Located 40 kilometers southwest of Hanoi is the Thay Pagoda (Master's pagoda). Where a temple is a place to pay respects to the deceased, a pagoda is a place to worship the Lord Buddha. Thay Pagoda is widely known for its finely carved statues in lacquer and gold of Buddha in his past and present form. It is also known for its colorful Buddhist ceremonies performed here during auspicious dates of the Lunar calendar.
The pagoda itself dates back to the 7th century and is also admired for its impressive collection of Buddhist wooden statues from the 17th century. Figures representing ‘the conditions of man’ are the pagoda’s most celebrated feature – carved from jackfruit wood, many dates in the 18th century.
Take the steep steps up to the main pagoda building, then find a path at the back that loops down past the other two pagodas so that you may wander through the adjacent hillside village. After this full immersion into local culture and day-to-day life off the beaten tracks, we safely will bring you back to your hotel in Hanoi.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Thay And Tay Phuong Pagoda
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Hanoi
- Transport by private vehicle
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Tour: Thay And Tay Phuong Pagoda
- Gratuities (optional)
- Surcharge for guide during TET (Vietnamese New Year)
- Food and drinks
- Transfers from and to airport, sea/river ports, train stations that are located inside or outside of the city center and others are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied
- Transfers from and to hotels and resorts that are located outside of the city center are NOT included in the service and supplements will applied
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Based on minimum 2 adults
Price for a child between 2-11 years old can be applied for only 1 child per booking, otherwise they will be subject to the adult rate
A moderate amount of walking is involved