Private Tour: The Best Of Kona From Coffee To CultureWrite a Review
OverviewOn this 5-hour small-group tour you will visit one of the oldest and most historic coffee farms in Kona from the comfort of an 11 passenger Mercedes van. Travel to a must-see site, the Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park, plus the Painted Church, a Catholic cathedral in the Hawaiian jungle. Overlook the Captain Cook Memorial and visit Turtle Lagoon where Honu's Hawaiian green sea turtles can be observed. Includes free photography.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourNew Mercedes Benz Sprinter 11 passenger van, ride in comfort, DVD Screen large library of Hawaiian Media.
All Tours Operated by: Owner Operator Tour Guide Photographer. The very best small group experience. Photos uploaded to my photo sharing cloud for you to share with family and friends. We use (Smugmug) photo sharing cloud service, where you are provided by email to a link where you can share the Photographs with family and friends.
Unlike regular tours, these Private Small Group Tours offer the discerning customer the ability to see more of the attractions they wish to enjoy. If possible we will make your wish list come true. This often involves showing our guests our Honu (Green Hawaiian Sea Turtle Friends) Along with Back Road Adventures not covered by other tour companies.
Be picked up from the port in the morning and start the tour at one of Kona’s oldest coffee farms, Greenwell Farms, which opened in 1850 and is still run by the Greenwell family. On the farm, located on prime Kona land, you will see coffee trees that are over 100 years old and witness the whole coffee producing process, from tree to cup.
Then, head south to Pu'uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park. The most intact Pu'uhonua, or native Hawaiian cultural site. This park is without a doubt the one of the most significant Hawaiian Heritage sites in all of the Islands. This is was a place of refuge for those who broke the Kapu, one of the ancient laws, as well as a second chance at life.
Tour the Painted Church, the active St. Benedict Catholic Church, which was moved in 1899 from its original position near the coast line and up the slope 3 miles by Father John Velge of Belgium. He moved the Church and transformed it, creating a Catholic cathedral in the Hawaiian jungle. An amazing achievement that can still be marveled at today.
Next stop is the Kona Pacific Farmer’s Cooperative, the oldest and largest Kona coffee cooperative in the United States, established in 1910. Farmer owned and operated with 32 loyal farmer members who specialize in Kona coffee and now process over two-million pounds of cherry per year. A great place for samples as well as wonderful baked goods from the kitchen using the fruits harvested from the tropical fruit garden. The tropical fruit garden is great to tour with over 50 different fruit trees.
Kealakekua Bay is the bay where Captain Cook fell on February 14th, 1779. View the Cook Monument from across Kealakekua Bay, a protected bay where the great British explorer met his violent death.
Drive through Kona along Ali’i Drive on the way back to the port, viewing the beaches resorts and fabulous homes. Take an optional to visit a Turtle Lagoon where Honu's Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles can be observed.
Inclusions for Private Tour: The Best Of Kona From Coffee To Culture
- Small-group tour
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by Mercedes 11 passenger van
Exclusions for Private Tour: The Best Of Kona From Coffee To Culture
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 11 people per booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Bangkok Hotel To Koh Chang Hotel SIC
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport To Pattaya Hotel
- Chiang Mai - Half Day Mae Sa Elephants At Work!
- Dream World & Snow Town With Lunch SIC
- Jim Thompson House Private Tour
- Chao Phraya Princess Cruise With Dinner
- Angthong National Marine Park By Big Boat
- Van On Disposal Within Bangkok Area
- Airport Diamond Marhaba Service - Dubai
- Phuket Fantasea Show