Private Tour: The Fjords In A Nutshell Sognefjord, Flåm & Gudvangen - Bergen
OverviewThe Fjords in a Nutshell takes you on the ultimate two day private voyage of a lifetime. The tour goes directly from Bergen harbour to the deepest end of the 205 kilometers long Sognefjord. On this private tour you will go by express boat trough narrow coastal passages in speeds up to 70 kilometers per hour. Jump in a leather seated van that brings you to the higest peak of the mountains. Cross the Sognefjord on a ferry, and have the possibility to take the Flåmsbana railway, whom is ranked as one of the most exciting railway trips in the world. All this in a two day trip - and the entire time your personal Guide makes sure that your only job is to enjoy life to the maximum :-) "The Fjords in a Nutshell" is a unique tour that is created like a great Opera: Symphonic views that thrills you, intriguing slow parts and at the end: The final crescendo!
Know More about this tour
This tour starts directly from your own hotel in Bergen and your guide will pick you up here and bring you down to the harbour. Here you will boar the Costal Express boat that brings you via the amazing Alverstraumen where the tidal currents flows like a river. Further on you will see what the coast is all about as you navigate through the landscape. Small farms, cottages, cabins and seahouses are drenched like small stars in the nature. The coastal express is the "real thing" - not something invented for tourists alone. And you will meet locals that are most proud to tell you about their local communities. Just ask.
In the small town of Lavik your guide are awaiting you on the quay, and the next part of the journey follows the Sognefjord as it cuts it's deep way through the spectacular mountains on each side. Here is where the Guides local knowledge comes to a superb use, as he now will bring you deep inside the mountains towards areas that are little known to the common tourist. Ascending higher and higher towards the Gaularfjellet magic viewpoint. where modern Norwegian architecture meets the rough nature that shaped it.
Gaularfjellet Viewpoint is a part of Norways 18 Tourist Roads and in 2017 the new 300 square metre view platform was opened to the audience. Here you enjoy a lunch break under open skies.
You will again have a early morning departure to make the most out of your day. And first part of this day is crossing the fjord by ferry.
You make your way via Sogndal and Kaupanger - and are again crossing a part of the Fjord in Lærdal. Here you drive through yet another magnificent piece of Norwegian engineering. One of the longest road tunnels in the world. The Lærdal tunnel is 25 kilometers long and have tree enormous caves inside that are illuminated like you would expect Valhalla to be. Inspired by folklore tales of Trolls and Giants.
As you come out in broad daylight again you arrive in Aurland, home to the "King of the Fjords" - The UNESCO World Heritage Site: Nærøyfjorden. And here you are able to make some choises of your own.
1. Take a fjordcruise on the Næøyfjord surrounded by its mountains raging up to 1800 metres above the fjord.
2. Take the Flåmsbana Railway from Flåm to Myrdal, and continue towards Oslo
3. Take the Flåmsbana Railway from Flåm to Myrdal, and continue to Voss where your guide are picking you up
4 Take both the Fjordcruise and Railway - and decide to either return to Bergen or go on to Oslo
Please notice that Train and cruise tickets are NOT included in the cost of this trip. This is to be able to tailor make it for the your specific need, and to purchase only the actual tickets you will use. Expressboat and Ferry tickets are incl.
UNLESS OTHERWISE MENTIONED WHEN BOOKED - THIS TOUR WILL RETURN TO BERGEN WHERE IT ENDS.
Inclusions for Private Tour: The Fjords In A Nutshell Sognefjord, Flåm & Gudvangen
- Driver/Professional photographer guide
- Hotel pickup / Port pickup
- Transport by private vehicle and all road toll / fuel for the entire two day journey
Exclusions for Private Tour: The Fjords In A Nutshell Sognefjord, Flåm & Gudvangen
- The listed price does NOT include passenger tickets for:
- Express Boat Bergen to Lavik.
Fjord Cruise in the UNESCO Nrøyfjord
Hotel stay in Sognefjord (This is a two day trip)
When booking we will suggest hotels to fit your own needs, either 4 star or budget choice.
This tour is perfect as a part of your Norwegian fjords experience, as it can be done "both ways". Weather you fly in via Oslo or Bergen we adjust the tour to your own particular plans. Please advise us what is the best for you / your client.
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Souvenir photos.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 6 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Dress code is: Outdoor activitys in the Scandinavian Region
We have wheelchair available to those with mobility issues
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.