Private Tour: Things To Do In Rome And Vatican In Just One Day
OverviewPrivate tour Fast entrance included. Colosseum, Imperial Forum, Venice Square, the Sacred Area where Julius Caesar was murdered, the Pantheon and Navona Square, the most famous baroque masterpiece. The adventure continues in the afternoon through the enchanted places of the Vatican city. The second part of the tour includes the beautiful Vatican Museums, the fascinating Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica. Take a step back in time to the age of gladiators, great rulers, emperors and popes, art and Roman history! The first 3 hour skip the line tour bring together all the multi facets of Ancient Rome. This experience also allows you to learn about obelisks and ancient divine statues, medieval buildings, renaissance and baroque monuments and fountains, legends and traditions still alive, because this tour includes some of the main attractions of Rome.
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Skip the line
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourThe tour begins at 8:45am, with ancient Rome in the morning and the Vatican in the afternoon.
Morning Tour: The Colosseum and the Gems of Rome
Walk inthe shoes of famous gladiators like Commodus and Spartacus, and prominent leaders, Julius Caesar and Augustus, in this first 3-hour skip the line tour.
Imagineyourself in the centerof a large arena with over 60,000 chanting spectators ready to watch you in all your glory welcome to the Colosseum. This iconic symbol of Imperial Rome was used for gladiatorial contests and public spectacles such as mock sea battles, animal hunts, executions, re-enactments of famous battles, and dramas based on classical mythology.
Next, you will walk along the Imperial Forum, a series of public squares constructed between 46 B.C. and 113 A.D, to reach Piazza Venezia. This squarestill celebrates the Unification of Italy with its imposing national monument, the Vittoriano.
With your local guide you will stop in Torre di Largo Argentina to meditate on the place where Julius Caesar was assassinated. From here move to Piazza della Rotonda where you will find in front of you one of the most beautiful and best-preserved buildings from ancient times, the Pantheon. Its story begins nearly 2,000 years ago when Agrippa, faithful friend of Augustus had a temple which was dedicated to all gods in the heavens. In those days it looked very different. It was Hadrian who rebuilt the Pantheon as you see it now.
Finish the tour in Piazza Navona, one of the most elegant squares in the world, asymbol of the Roman Baroque.
Evening Tour: The Vatican Museums with Sistine Chapel and St. Peters Basilica
Head for Vatican City,the smallest but probably the most famous city state in the world.Go on a fun and educational tour of the vast Vatican Museums,which began as the private collection of the popes. Seeancient statues from Egypt, Greece, and Rome, sarcophagus, busts, frescoes, and tapestries, as well aspaintings made in nearly everyperiod throughout history.
The last stop on the Vatican Museums tour is the Sistine Chapel, frescoed by Michelangelo. Next, followyour tour guide into St Peters Basilica.This church is rich in works of art and monuments. Don't miss the canopy by Bernini, the bronze statue of St. Peter, or the Piet by Michelangelo.
Leave the church and look at the center where there is the obelisk brought from Egypt. At the end, turn around St. Peter's Square to enjoy the magnificent colonnade by Berninithatseems almost to wrap you in an embrace.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Things To Do In Rome And Vatican In Just One Day
- Skip the Line entrance
- Professional guide
- Private tour
- Walking tour
- Entrance fees (based on option selected)
Exclusions for Private Tour: Things To Do In Rome And Vatican In Just One Day
- Food and drinks
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Entrance fees (based on option selected)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-30 minutes to clear security.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Florence and Pisa - Private All Day Tour from Rome
- Rome Super Saver: Skip-the-Line Ancient Rome and Colosseum Walking Tour plus Frascati Wine Tasting Tour
- Rome Pizza Walking Tour
- Skip The Line- Vatican Museums with St Peter's, Sistine Chapel and Small-Group Upgrade
- Day Excursion from Rome: Assisi and Orvieto with a Theologist Private Tour
- Shopping Tour Castel Romano Designer Outlet