Private Tour: Three Medieval Towns Plus Lunch - Barcelona
OverviewTransport yourself back in time and discover the Medieval heritage of Catalonia - enjoy three distinctly unique villages and a scenic drive with views of La Garrotxa Natural Park on this private tour. Arrive to Besalu, a Catalan medieval jewel declared National Historical Artistic Site in 1966. Of great architectural value, its one of the most notable legacies of the medieval period in Catalonia. In Girona, well get lost through the winding streets and marvel at the Gothic Cathedral and the quaint Gothic Quarter, then well savor the regional products with a complimentary lunch in a local restaurant. Continue to Peratallada, a charming medieval village from the 13th century known for its beautiful old stone buildings, rutted stone streets and passageways. Then well take you back to your hotel or apartment in Barcelona.
Know More about this tour
We will pick you up at your hotel or apartment in Barcelona to Besalu. Well take you in a comfort vehicle approximately an hour and a half away. Well take a scenic route crossing La Garrotxa Natural Park, a volcanic area. Besalus most significant feature is its 12th-century Romanesque bridge, nestled between Fluva and Capellades rivers.. Youll be awed by its arcaded streets and squares. Well see the restored mikveh, a ritual Jewish bath, as well as the remains of a medieval synagogue. The synagogue, documented in 1264, was from the Jewish community that settled from the 9th to the 15th century, when they were expelled by the Christians. Then well arrive at the Benedictine monastery of Sant Pere, founded in 977 and consecrated in 1003. Well give you some free time to explore on your own and take photos.
Then well continue on to Girona. Here youll have a walk through the Cathedral and The Gothic Quarter before you arrive to a local restaurant, where well take pleasure in a three course meal and have the chance to sample the local wines and products of the area and a glass of cava, our treat!
After well travel to Pals, a charming village from the Middle Ages, built from a fortress. Well roam around its idyllic cobbled streets and tiny squares and take in the most beautiful landscape views from on top of the hill next to the Tower of the Hours, from the 13th century. Here you will be treated with amazing panoramic views and youll be able to spot the Medas islands, a natural park and protected area, in the distance.
Here is where the tour ends. Well take you back to Barcelona and drop you off at your hotel or apartment.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Three Medieval Towns Plus Lunch
- Private walking tour - Besalu, Girona, Pals
- Complimentary coffee before our walking tour of Besalu
- Three course lunch in Girona with regional products and have a complimentary glass of cava
- Comfortable transport
- Small group ensures personalized attention
Exclusions for Private Tour: Three Medieval Towns Plus Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Talleres de Cocina Asitica
- Flamenco Show at Plaza de las Arenas in Barcelona
- Market to Table: Market Tour & Cooking Class
- Barcelona Romantic Sailing&Night Experience
- Casa Bacardi Sitges Admission Ticket
- Guided Tour at Barcelona's Royal Academy of Sciences and Arts
- Guided Tour at Catalonia's Royal Academy of Medicine
- Guided Tour at Requesens Palace