Private Tour: Three Wineries In A Day Plus Lunch - Barcelona
OverviewDiscover the beautiful countryside of Catalonia on a captivating private wine tour where we´ll take you through the vineyards in Penedes, a region widely acknowledged to be home to the most modern and innovative of Spanish growers. We will explore three of the most important family-owned wineries in the country and learn about the complex process of making wine and cava (Catalan champagne). At each cellar, a wine expert will explain their individual processes and educate us on how to recognize different varieties and well get the privilege of tasting wines and cavas. We will stop for a three-course meal in a local restaurant - on us! This private tour ensures a personalized and remarkable experience.
Know More about this tour
Well pick you up at your hotel or apartment and well take you with comfortable transport to go to the Penedes region less than an hour from Barcelona. Long considered one of the country's best wine-producing regions, it is also one of the most ancient viticultural areas in Europe. A well-known appellation of origin, Penedes region has been producing wine since the Roman times and nowadays sells between the more than a hundred wineries more than 380 million bottles.
First, well go to a winery with signature wines on a property of 40 acres of organic farming where you can feel the influence of the essence of the Mediterranean. In fact, it was a mutatio (resting area) in the Roman times, being part of the Via Augusta. From the beginning of the 1300s until today it has been in the hands of the same family.
Second, well continue on to the first winery in the Penedes to produce ecological wine for the Danish market. From the beginning of the 1900s, the same family has been running the company, utilizing 100 percent of their fields for ecological production using 15 different varieties of grapes.
Then, well take a break and head to a local restaurant where youll treat you to a marvelous three-course meal and well give you a complimentary glass of cava, all while taking pleasure in the exclusive gastronomy of the area, one of the most important appellations of origin in the world.
Lastly, well visit a winery known for its high quality of products, especially its cava. From Bernardus Leopardi at the beginning of the 14th century, this winery has a lot of history. This winery, boasting ecological agriculture with beautiful views of Montserrat mountain, has some of the oldest vines around.
The tour ends here and well bring you back to Barcelona and drop you off at your hotel or apartment.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Three Wineries In A Day Plus Lunch
- Three winery visits with tastings included, ,
- Immerse yourself in the exclusive world of wine and cava, ,
- Complimentary three-course lunch in a local restaurant plus a glass of cava, ,
- Explore vineyards that have been around for more than 2000 years, ,
- Professional guide, ,
- Comfortable transport from/to your hotel or apartment, ,
Exclusions for Private Tour: Three Wineries In A Day Plus Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Talleres de Cocina Asitica
- Flamenco Show at Plaza de las Arenas in Barcelona
- Market to Table: Market Tour & Cooking Class
- Barcelona Romantic Sailing&Night Experience
- Casa Bacardi Sitges Admission Ticket
- Guided Tour at Barcelona's Royal Academy of Sciences and Arts
- Guided Tour at Catalonia's Royal Academy of Medicine
- Guided Tour at Requesens Palace