OverviewThe Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum sits close to two of Madrids other famous museums to form part of the citys Golden Triangle of galleries. As home to one of Madrids finest private art collections, its no surprise that the lines to gain entry often exceed an hour! Instead of standing in line, enjoy fast-track access to the museums collection and a 1.5-hour private tour. Discover some of Spains finest artwork such as Edgar Degas Swaying Dancer, and gain insight into the countrys rich art heritage while enjoying personalized commentary.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourAfter skipping the museum entrance lines, meet your guide and start your tour. The Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum holds more than 1,000 works of art, and covers almost every genre of art from medieval and Gothic styles to experimental avant-garde works from the early 20th century. Impressionists and cubists are also well represented, bringing a wonderful blend of old and new to the vast collection.
As you explore the galleries and halls of the museum, let your private guide draw your attention to the many beautiful artworks on show. Discover pieces from some of the finest artists and painters from Europe and further afield, and immerse yourself in the museum’s breathtaking range of styles and media. If there is anything particular that you are interested in, simply let your guide know. One of the benefits of having a private guide is that the commentary is tailored to your interests.
Discover paintings from the German expressionists, French impressionists and many other masterpieces from the early 20th century, too. Many 19th-century North American artists also feature in the collection. See works by luminaries such as Canaletto, Cezanne, Dalí, Kandinsky, Matisse, Monet, Picasso, Rembrandt, Rubens and Van Gogh; and discover museum highlights including Picasso’s Harlequin with a Mirror.
Hear intriguing stories behind many of the museum’s most famous works, and gain insight into the minds of the talented artists that created them. The focus of Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum is on portraiture and landscape art, and it’s this focus that sets the museum apart from other galleries in the city.
After 1.5 hours exploring the museum, your tour concludes at the information desk.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum With Skip-the-Line Access
- Private guide
- Skip the Line admission to Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum
Exclusions for Private Tour: Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum With Skip-the-Line Access
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.