OverviewHike through the ecosystem of primary cloud forest, later the intercontinental water division and finally take an amazing walk across the highlands to the unique Polylepis Forest.
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Small-group tour
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Multiple departure times and locations available
Know More about this tour
Located just 40 minutes from Cuenca we find Cajas National Park. This park encompasses a lakes system of approximately 786 bodies of water in an area of 70,533ac. It is one of the most important water sources in Cuenca and Ecuador. It has gained international prominence in several categories:Â Wetland of International Importance in 2002 by RAMSAR, Area of International Importance for the Conservation of Birds by IBA in 2003, and Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO in 2013.
We start the tour with a hike through the ecosystem of primary Montane forest or cloud forest. Afterwards, we will visit the dividing inland waterway and, finally we will take an amazing walk in the highlands through the moorland ecosystem of wetlands and lakes to get to the unique forest of Polylepis trees. These are the highest growing trees in the world and are native to South America.
Before returning to Cuenca, we will have lunch at a traditional restaurant of the area.
Inclusions for Private Tour To Cajas National Park Including Cloud Forest Hike
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Naturalist tour guide/driver
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Tour To Cajas National Park Including Cloud Forest Hike
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Infant meals not included
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Comfortable hiking shoes are recommended
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.