Private Tour To Elefsina: Mysteries In Ancient Times - AthensWrite a Review
OverviewDuring your stay in Athens, don’t lose the opportunity to discover Elfsina, a site not easy to reach by a tourist! Elefsina is world-famous for the Eleusinian Mysteries and it is also the birthplace of Aeschylus, one of the three great tragedians of antiquity.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Meet your local guide and driver at your hotel and drive in a climate-controlled minivan northwest of Athens to Elefsina (Eleusis). This 4-hour private tour allows flexibility and personalized attention from your guide. Following the ancient route of Iera Odos, you’ll learn about the Eleusinan Mysteries, sacred rites and rituals that were performed in honor of the goddess Demeter. Your guide will give you a detailed understanding of the complex myths and stories of Elefsina.
Upon arriving at Elefsina’s archaeological site, delve into the fascinating ruins of this ancient city. Admire the Roman courtyard with the temple of Artemis Propylaea and examine the remains of a fountain and two triumphal arches. Enter the sanctuary of the Greater Propylaea, near the preserved Kallichoron Well. Continue on to the Lesser Propylaea, and the Telesterion, the main temple of Demeter and the center of the Eleusinan Mysteries. As you wander through the ruins, your guide will explain the significance of each, deepening your understanding of this spiritual city. At the conclusion of the tour, your vehicle will return you to your Athens hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour To Elefsina: Mysteries In Ancient Times
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Private Tour To Elefsina: Mysteries In Ancient Times
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Athens Half-Day Sightseeing Tour
- Private Tour: Gourmet Food Walking Tour In Athens
- Athens Scenic Bike Tour
- Hidden Athens Walking Tour And Picnic: Plaka And The Hills Of Athens
- Acropolis Of Athens Segway Tour
- Corinth Half-Day Trip From Athens
- Sunset At The Cape Sounion Half Day Tour
- Athens Walking Tour
- Mythology Games And National Garden Tour
- Olympic Crazy Cart Driving And Mythology Games