Private Tour To Kingsbarns Distillery And St. Andrews - EdinburghWrite a Review
Embark on a 9-hour private guided tour by Mercedes Minicoach to Kingsbarns Distillery in the Kingdom of Fife. Take a tour of the distillery, learning about the whisky production process, and sample a 'wee dram.' Then, enjoy some free time in St. Andrews and a 1-hour walking tour on the much-celebrated St. AndrewsÂ Old Course.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- All entrance fees included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Hotel pickup included
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Free snacks included
Know More about this tour
Begin your 9-hour private guided tour with a morning pick-up from your Edinburgh accommodation or port. Jump on board the air-conditioned mini-coach and enjoy the views â and complimentary shortbread and bottled water â as you travel to 1.5 hours to Kingsbarns Distillery, which sits on a charming converted 18th-century farmstead on the edge of the North Sea. At the visitors center, learn about the history of the area then go behind the scenes of the distillery and learn about the process of making the whisky. At the end of the tour head to one of the tasting rooms to sample a dram for yourself. Not a drinker? Have a cup of coffee with a magnificent sea view at the cafÃ© instead. Stop in to the shop afterward to pick up a bottle to take home, at your own expense.
After arrival in St Andrews in the early afternoon, make the most of your free time to visit the Cathedral ruins and perhaps also the Castle ruins before enjoying lunch in one of the many cafÃ©s or pubs in the quaint university town (own expense). For dessert, pop in to the cheese or chocolate shop just across the road from the coach pick-up point.
At around 2pm, begin your 1-hour walking tour on the hollowed fairways of the Old Course, taking in a few holes and that all-important photo on the Swilcan Bridge. With more free time after, browse the nearby golf shops or visit theÂ British Golf Museum before rejoining your driver at 3:45pm for the trip back your Edinburgh accommodation, arriving at around 6pm.
Inclusions for Private Tour To Kingsbarns Distillery And St. Andrews
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Whisky tasting
- Live commentary on board
- Walking tour of the Old Course
- Transport by air-conditioned mini-coach
Exclusions for Private Tour To Kingsbarns Distillery And St. Andrews
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, The Old Course Walking tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.