Private Tour To Kom Ombo And Edfu Temples From Aswan
OverviewThis is a day tour to Kom Ombo Temple, which stands on a high ground overlooking the Nile. Then the tour continues with the Edfu Temple, which is dedicated to god Horus and it is considered the best preserved cult temple in Egypt.
Know More about this tour
We will pick you up from your hotel or Nile cruise in Aswan and here your tour starts with the Kom Ombo and Edfu temple. We will transfer you in a modern a/c vehicle to Kom-ombo where you will visit the double temple of both Sobek, the crocodile god and Horus the falcon god, located on the river bank. The Kom ombo temple was built during the Ptolemaic dynasty, with additions during the roman period. While much of the temple has been destroyed by the Nile flood, the ruins are spectacular, and some 300 crocodile mummies have been discovered in the vicinity and are displayed inside the temples crocodile museum.
Then we will proceed to Edfu and visit Edfu temple, which is dedicated to Horus the falcon headed god. It is considered the best preserved of all Egypts temples. The temple was built in the Ptolemaic period between 237 57 BC. The inscriptions on its walls provide important information on language, myth and religion during the Greco-Roman period in ancient Egypt. Explore the temples and learn more about the most significant deities from ancient Egypt. Then you will head back Aswan to go back to your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour To Kom Ombo And Edfu Temples From Aswan
- Entrance fees
- Buffet lunch
- Bottled water
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (if option selected)
- Private tour
- Round-trip private transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Private Tour To Kom Ombo And Edfu Temples From Aswan
- Any extras not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Exploring the Nile in Style Deluxe Nile Cruise Ex Aswan to Luxor
- 5 Stars Nile Cruise - Luxor to Aswan - 4 Days
- Luxury Nile Cruise - Luxor and Aswan From Cairo 4 Days
- Budget 3 Nights Nile Cruise From Aswan to Luxor
- Private Tour from Aswan to Nubian Villiage by Motorboat
- Excursion to St Simeon's Monastery
- FELUCCA RIDE IN ASWAN
- SOUND & LIGHT SHOW AT PHILAE TEMPLE