Private Tour To Mtskheta And Georgian Wine Tasting From Tbilisi
OverviewVisit Mtskheta town, ancient capital of Eastern Georgia, during full day private tour. Mtskheta is notable for its UNESCO World Heritage Site monuments – Svetitskhoveli Cathedral and Jvari Monastery. During this tour you will have guided excursions in both UNESCO sites, wine-tasting session with snacks in Chteau Mukhrani Royal Estate and a lunch at Georgian restaurant with traditional dishes.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- All entrance fees included
- Hotel pickup included
Know More about this tourIn the morning the guide and driver will pick you up at your place of stay and youll start journey to the ancient capital of Georgia - Mtskheta. Located on the crossroad of Europe and Asia, Mtskheta had very important strategic and economic advantages till late middle ages. It used to be the capital of the Eastern Georgian kingdom of Iberia from the 4th c BC through the 5th c AD. The town is also famous for its UNESCO World Heritage Site monuments Svetitskhoveli Cathedral and Jvari Monastery.
Your first stop will be Jvari Monastery located on the top of the hill. Enjoy truly breathtaking views from the site and learn about the legends connected to the monastery.
Next drive to Svetitskhoveli Cathedral (11th century), enjoy excursion at the site and see the interior and exterior of the Cathedral decorated with frescos and wall carvings. Also visit Samtavro Monastery, located in ancient king familys garden. The complex includes cathedral of 11th c and 4th c church.
Take a lunch break at local restaurant with traditional Georgian dishes and then drive to Chteau Mukhrani former estate of Ivane Mukhranbatoni royal family.
Here you will have a guided tour at the estate, gardens, stable and old wine-cellars, learn the history of Georgian royal family, visit the contemporary winery and factory and find out how Chteau wines are made. The excursion will be followed by tasting finest Chteau Mukhrani wines with snacks. And here you have a wonderful opportunity to buy Chteau Mukhrani premium wines at a special price.
In the evening drive back to Tbilisi, where the tour ends with a drop off at you place of stay.
Note: Chteau Mukhrani Royal Estate image is the courtesy of JSC Chteau Mukhrani
Inclusions for Private Tour To Mtskheta And Georgian Wine Tasting From Tbilisi
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Lunch at Georgian restaurant with traditional dishes
- Wine tasting with snacks at Chateau Mukhrani Royal Estate
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private Tour To Mtskheta And Georgian Wine Tasting From Tbilisi
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.