Private Tour To Mtskheta From Tbilsi - TbilisiWrite a Review
OverviewVisit Mtskheta sights included in UNESCO World Heritage site list during this 4-hour tour. Enjoy the views from Jvari Monastery overlooking the Mtskheta town. Explore Svetitskhoveli cathedral, standing in the heart of Mtskheta and decorated with frescos from 13th century.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
Know More about this tourYour guide and driver will meet you at your Tbilisi accommodations in late morning and start the drive to Mtskheta town. According the archaeological excavations, people lived in the neighborhood of Mtskheta from 2nd millennium BC. Located on the crossroad of Europe and Asia, Mtskheta used to be the capital of the Eastern Georgian kingdom of Iberia from the 4th thru the 5th centuries when King Vakhtang Gorgasali moved his court to Tbilisi.
Drive uphill and visit Jvari Monastery dating back to 6th century. Enjoy beautiful views from the top of the hill and next drive down to explore the Cathedral of Svetitskhoveli. Svetitskhoveli dates back to 11th century and there are numerous legends associated with the construction of the Cathedral. Interior is decorated with ancient frescos and stone carvings.
After the excursion to the UNESCO World Heritage Sites, continue to Samtavro Monastery, located in ancient king family’s garden, not far from Svetitskhoveli. Next have some free time to explore local souvenir market and then drive back to your accommodations in Tbilisi.
Inclusions for Private Tour To Mtskheta From Tbilsi
- Private tour
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Private Tour To Mtskheta From Tbilsi
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A small amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A maximum of 10 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.