Private Tour To Mtskheta Gori And Uplistsikhe From TbilisiWrite a Review
OverviewThis Mtskheta, Gori and Uplistsikhe private tour combines the full day exploration of Mtskheta town and Kartli region. You will have a guided excursion at UNESCO sites of Mtskheta, the house-museum of Soviet leader Joseph Stalin and, Uplistsikhe caves, as well as lunch with traditional dishes at a local restaurant.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourIn the morning the guide and driver will pick you up from the hotel. Driving through the fertile lands of Kartli region we will arrive in Mtskheta – a small town where two UNESCO World Heritage Site monuments are located.
First drive uphill and visit Jvari Monastery (a UNESCO site). The monastery overlooks the town of Mtskheta and the confluence of the rivers Aragvi and Mtkvari. Enjoy the views and the guided excursion at the site and continue to Svetitskhoveli Cathedral, another UNESCO site dating from 12th century. The cathedral was the coronation site of the Georgian kings as well as their burial place for centuries and still remains one of the most venerated places of worship for Georgian people.
Drive to the Kartli region and visit the ancient cave town of Uplistsikhe, translated as the “Fortress of the Lord“. It dates back to 1st millennium BC. The echoing halls, chambers for pagan worship and the remains of the oldest theater in Georgia, all carved into the rocky plateau are waiting to be explored.
Take a lunch break at one of the restaurants located nearby with traditional Georgian dishes and continue to the town of Gori, where you’ll have a guided excursion at Joseph Stalin’s House-Museum.
At the end of the tour, you will be driven back to your hotel in Tbilisi.
Inclusions for Private Tour To Mtskheta Gori And Uplistsikhe From Tbilisi
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private Tour To Mtskheta Gori And Uplistsikhe From Tbilisi
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.