Private Tour To Rundale Palace From Riga With Private Transport
OverviewPrivate guided tour to Rundale palace with private transport from Riga.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Led by a local guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourIf you like Baroque and Rococo style , you are welcome to visit Rundale Palace, which was built like the summer residence for the Duke of Kurland Ernst Johan Biron in the 18th century.
In 1735 Duke of Courland Ernst Johann von Biron bought land in Rundle with an old medieval castle in the territory of a planned summer residence. The old castle was demolished and construction after the design of Bartolomeo Rastrelli started in 1736. Construction proceeded slowly because part of the materials and resources were transferred to the construction of Jelgava Palace, a project which was more important for the duke. Following Biron's fall from grace in 1740, the palace stood unfinished and empty until 1762 when Biron returned from his exile. Under the supervision of Rastrelli its construction was finished in 1768. Johann Michael Graff produced lavish stucco decorations for the palace during this time.
It is like a masterpiece of the Italian architect F.B. Rastrelli. The Palace had different times and different owners,was damaged many times.
The restoration of the palace was finished in 2014 and is waiting for guests.You are welcome ! Just take a private guided tour with our local guide from Riga!
Inclusions for Private Tour To Rundale Palace From Riga With Private Transport
- Local guide
- Hotel/port pick-up and drop-off
- Private tour
- Small-group tour
- Round-trip private transfer
Exclusions for Private Tour To Rundale Palace From Riga With Private Transport
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full-Day Private Tour to Jurmala, Fisherman Villages and Nature Trails from Riga
- Full-Day Private Tour to Latvia Palaces and Medieval Castle from Riga
- Private Transfer from Riga to Valmiera or Valmiera to Riga
- Private Transfer from Riga to Kaunas or from Kaunas to Riga
- Private Car Transfer: Riga Airport to Riga City or Riga City to Airport
- Riga Old Town Pub Crawl Including Famous Black Balsam