Private Tour To The Residency Of LucknowWrite a Review
OverviewThis 3-hour experience is a walk inside the Residency, the residential complex belonging to British officers and their families in the 1800s. An expert on this subject will take you through the historical roots as you learn how it turned to ruins with the Siege of Lucknow. You will go through a collection of rare pictures and map on this curated tour. A private transfer to and from your city hotel is included.
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tour
This half-day journey takes you to ‘Residency’ and educates you on one of the darkest periods of pre-Independence history in India. Go on a walking tour inside the former residential complex belonging to British officers, appointed as administrators of erstwhile Oudh by the East India Company.
In May 1857, the Residency witnessed the Siege of Lucknow and was reduced to ruins by feisty mutineers, who killed more than two thousand men, women and innocent children living inside the Residency. On this tour, revisit the turbulent times of both Indian and British lives during 1857-58, and learn about the history through its ruins, collection of old pictures and maps. A historian and a famous expert on mutiny will guide you through the remnants of this momentous place that still echoes the horrors of war. Also, enjoy a 20 minutes documentary accompanied with refreshments.
Inclusions for Private Tour To The Residency Of Lucknow
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Professional art historian guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Private Tour To The Residency Of Lucknow
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Minimum age is 15 years
A maximum of 8 people per booking
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.