Private Tour To Trip To Abu Simbel & Aswan From Luxor
OverviewLeave Luxor city to visit two temples of Abu Simbel, which are considered the master pieces of the ancient Egypt.
Know More about this tour
- Day 1: Aswan
We will pick you up from your hotel in Luxor and take you to Aswan for visiting the Philae temple, which dedicated to Goddess Isis. It is considered the most beautiful Greco-Roman temple built in Aswan. Overnight in Aswan.
- Day 2: Abu Simbel
At 4.00 am we will pick you up from your hotel in Aswan and transfer you to Abu Simbel (which was built by Ramses II).
Your Egyptologist will explain to you why not only the two temples at Abu Simbel are among the most magnificent monuments in the world, but also why their removal and reconstruction was an historic event itself. Listen how it was, when the temples, 174 miles (280 kilometers) from Aswan were threatened by submersion in Lake Nasser, due to the construction of the High Dam. The Egyptian Government secured the support of UNESCO and launched a world wide appeal.
Imagine how it must have been during the salvage operation which began in 1964 and continued until 1968. The two temples were dismantled and raised over 197 feet (60 meters) up the sandstone cliff where they had been built before more than 3,000 years. Here they were reassembled, in the exact same relationship to each other and the sun, and covered with an artificial mountain.
Standing and looking at the stones, you will see that most of the joins in the stone have now been filled by antiquity experts, but inside the temples it is still possible to see where the blocks were cut. You can also go inside the man made dome and see an exhibition of photographs showing the different stages of the massive removal project.
Later you will be driven back to your hotel in Luxor
Inclusions for Private Tour To Trip To Abu Simbel & Aswan From Luxor
- Overnight accommodation
- Entrance fees
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Continental breakfast
- Round-trip private transfer
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Tour To Trip To Abu Simbel & Aswan From Luxor
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full Day Luxor Cultural Tour- East & West Bank Sights with Egyptologist & Lunch
- Private Tour to Sound and Light Show at Karnak Temple
- half day east luxor
- 2 days luxor east and west bank
- LUXOR ancient history west Nile
- night-show sound and light show at Karnak temple in Luxor ctiy
- full day tour to visit habu temple and the valley of queens and workers
- 2 private days tour for all luxor