Private Tour: Truffle-Hunting Experience From Amalfi Coast With Lunch
OverviewTeam a forest hike with a truffle hunt on a private full-day tour from the Amalfi Coast. After a journey through Monti Picentini Regional Park, stop at the foot of Mt Terminio and follow a truffle hunter and his dogs through the leafy mountain forest. Make the most of frequent stops to take in the peaceful surroundings and sample truffle, straight from the ground. Afterward, relax in a nearby restaurant where a 3-course dinner with wine is served. The star of the menu? Truffle, of course.
Know More about this tourLeave your Amalfi Coast hotel in the morning for your full-day tour. As you travel by private minivan, relax on the journey around Monti Picentini Regional Park to the town of Volturara Irpina, nestled at the foot of Mt Terminio. Surrounded by mountains that tower to some 6,562 feet (2,000 meters) above sea level, the town and its surrounding countryside is where Campania's famed truffles grow.
Meet your truffle hunter and hunting dogs, collect your equipment, and then start your easy-paced hike that winds along the mountain paths. The hike is suitable for all, although a good standard of physical fitness and sensible walking shoes are essential. Follow the hunter through the forest, and watch as the dogs work their magic, sniffing the earth for hard-to-see truffles hidden along the forest floor. Once the dogs have scored a truffle, stop for an on-the-spot tasting with fresh ricotta cheese the perfect pairing to balance the truffle's earthy flavor.
Your forest hike lasts roughly three hours, and includes plenty of stops to take photos of the landscape and learn about Italys truffle-hunting traditions. After your descent down the mountain, meet back up with your driver and travel to a nearby restaurant for a 3-course lunch. Each dish is made with local Campania products and enhanced with the rich flavors of local truffle. Complement your meal with some Italian wine, and finish with a rich coffee and digestif (perhaps grappa or amaro).
Finally, relax on your journey back to your Amalfi Coast hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Truffle-Hunting Experience From Amalfi Coast With Lunch
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Truffle tasting with cheese
- 3-course lunch with wine, coffee and a liqueur
Exclusions for Private Tour: Truffle-Hunting Experience From Amalfi Coast With Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please make a note of any specific dietary requests in the 'Special Requirements' field when booking
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not wheelchair accessible
Please wear comfortable clothes and appropriate shoes for walking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Amalfi Boat Excursions from Amalfi or Positano
- The Amalfi Coast Tour
- Pompei Archeological site and Wine tasting Experience
- Wine Tour Experience for Family or friend's group
- Private transfer from Salerno to Amalfi
- Private Transfer from Amalfi to Rome Door-To-Door
- Private Transfer from Amalfi to Fiumicino FCO Airport Door-To-Door
- Amalfi Lemon Tour Experience