Private Tour: Tsarskoye Selo And Catherine's Palace By Public Transport - Saint PetersburgWrite a Review
OverviewEnjoy a full-day guided tour of Tsarskoye Selo Imperial Residence in your private group limited to six people. Be immersed in the atmosphere of royal grand receptions at Catherine's Palace, and get priority access with skip-the-line admission. Hop on one of the conveniently located public transportation options with the help of your guide, or catch a taxi right from your hotel to Tsarskoye Selo (own expense). Tour includes admission to Catherine's Park and the Museum of Court Carriages.
- Skip the line
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tourAt the selected time, your guide will meet you at your hotel, and set off for the town of Pushkin, located on the outskirts of the city. Decide with your guide whether you would like to catch public transportation (subway, bus, or urban train) or a taxi.
It will take approximately 1 - 1.5 hours to reach the Suburban Imperial Residence. Once there, take advantage of skip-the-line admission to avoid long lines and enhance your experience.
Get inspired by the magnificent example of Russian Baroque architecture found in Catherine's Palace. Learn about the history of the palace construction and its redesign by leading imperial architects, and be amazed by the destruction caused during the Second World War. Hear about the tedious restoration process and the story of the famous Amber Room, and learn how it disappeared and was newly recreated by talented amber craftsmen in the local workshops of Tsarkoye Selo.
After the 2-hour palace tour, proceed to the park of Tsarkoye Selo with its beautiful sculptures, flowerbeds, and multiple interesting park constructions that your guide will tell you about. Then take a break for approximately 40-60 minutes and enjoy a substantial lunch at a local cafe. Your guide will gladly recommend some nice venues to dine at.
Then, catch a chance to see the exteriors of Alexander Palace (currently closed for renovation). The palace is known for its historical significance, namely for being the place where Nicholas II, the last ruler of the Russian Empire, found his shelter which kept him from exile and execution for some time. Proceed to the Museum of Court Carriages where a permanent selection of court carriages dated back 18-20th centuries is exhibited. The display features 24 imperial conveyances created by eminent Russian and Western European craftsmen.
Tour involves a moderate amount of walking. You are free to make stops to rest during the tour in case you get tired. After the 8-hour tour, make your way back to your hotel by public transportation.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Tsarskoye Selo And Catherine's Palace By Public Transport
- Professional tour guide (English, French and Spanish languages are available)
- Pickup (guide will meet you at your hotel to help coordinate your public transportation)
- Skip-the-line admission to Catherine's palace
- Admission to Catherine's Park and the Museum of Court Carriages
Exclusions for Private Tour: Tsarskoye Selo And Catherine's Palace By Public Transport
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food, drinks and souvenirs
- Lunch (credit card or Russian roubles accepted)
- Transportation to/from attractions: approx. 15-40 USD (taxi), approx. 7-8 USD per person (subway/bus). Payment can be made in Russian roubles, euros, or USD.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 6 people per booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not recommended for children 6 years and under
You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
Not wheelchair accessible
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Personal food and drinks are allowed
You might also like
- Private St Petersburg Hermitage Tour: Skip-the-Line Tour
- Trip To Saint-Petersburg 5 Days And 4 Nights
- Souvenir Shopping With City Tour Of Saint Petersburg
- St Petersburg In A Day: Private City Tour, Hermitage Museum And Church Of The Savior On Spilled Blood
- St Petersburg Custom Chauffeured Day Tour
- St.Petersburg 1 Day Visa Free Shore Tour
- St.Petersburg 2 Day Visa Free Shore Tour
- St Petersburg 3 Day Visa Free Shore Tour
- 3-Day St Petersburg Experience With Round Trip Transfers
- St Petersburg 2 Day Tour To Filming Locations For The BBC's Epic War And Peace