From USD 65.95
OverviewSee two parts of the history of Mexico on this private day trip from Mexico City. First, you'll visit Tula and learn all about the culture, which is considered the best in architecture. Learn about their innovations in architecture, cloves and the use of stucco and admire the site. Then, visit the Convent of Tepotzotlan, from the Jesuits Order. They tried to evangelize the indigenous population from the area during the Spanish conquest, so you'll see impressive decoration with Gold Leaves in the church and learn about Mexican Baroque Style. Your tour includes a private guide and transport.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourYour tour begins with hotel pickup in Mexico City in the morning. Board your private vehicle and head to visit the archaeological site of Tula. Here, you can see the Atlantes, which are something like 5-meter statues of warriors and related to Atlantis. This is a Ceremonial Center from the 8th century. Before the Mexicas, people from Tula were considered the best architects of ancient times. Unfortunately they disappeared because of invasions of cultures from the north of the country.
Learn from your knowledgeable guide how Tulenses were the ones innovating in different techniques of construction. Admire their use of sidewalks and decoration with stucco as you visit the site. Your tour then continues with a visit to the convent of the Jesuits order: Tepotzotlán. This is the best example of the conquest of Mexico. See the chapel of San Francisco Javier which is a very impressive construction as it is part of the samples of Mexican Barroque Style. The entire church is covered with gold leaves and you'll even visit the room of the nuns which includes samples of their clothing.
After taking in some great history of Mexico, you'll drive back to Mexico City and be dropped-off back at your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Tula And Tepotzotlan Day Trip From Mexico City
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Tour: Tula And Tepotzotlan Day Trip From Mexico City
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
Minimum age is 3 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
All sales related to this product are final and non-refundable. In case you wish to cancel the reservation you will be charged 100% cancellation fees.
You might also like
- Private Arrival Transfer: Mexico City Airport To Hotel
- Museo Del Tequila Y El Mezcal Admission Ticket With Mayahuel Tour
- Mexico City Sightseeing Tour
- Mexico City Bike And Gastronomy Tour
- Coyoacan And Xochimilco Including Frida Kahlo Museum
- Mexico City Gastronomic Tour
- Private Combo Tour: Xochimilco, Coyoacán And Frida Kahlo Museum
- San Angel Mexican Food Tour
- Essential Mexico City Customized Full-Day Private Guided Tour
- Cuernavaca And Taxco Tour With Lunch