OverviewEnjoy a 3-hour private walking tour of Valparaiso and admire its main landmarks, charming streets, murals and shops. Ride Queen Victoria elevator up to a hill to get a fantastic view of the city and visit Sotomayor Square to learn why this city is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Your tour includes hotel pickup and drop-off and a professional guide.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourYour tour begins after hotel pickup in the morning. Meet your guide and head to Plaza Victoria. Walk around and admire the abundant trees which were brought from Brazil some years back. Continue on to Santiago Severin Library and see the naval club and the Cathedral of Valparaiso.
From there, take one of the locals trolleys to move to Plaza Anibal Pinto. You will then walk along the street to take the Queen Victoria elevator, one of the oldest and best restored pieces of the heritage era. The elevator will take you up so you can admire great views of the city. Visit Dimalow passage and see the silhouette of the Lutheran church on Conception hill and many colorful murals. Continue to Urriola street, seeing places like the restaurant "The Breakfast," which still holds its typical design. Reach the Anglican Church, which is a true witness of the passing of centuries and is an emblem of the British community present in the city since the mid-19th century.
Near Beethoven passage get an amazing view of the old cemetery and reach Atkinson passage where the former Brighton residence stood and is now a hotel and restaurant. Then, head to another emblematic passage, the Gervasoni promenade, where Lukas Gervasoni museum and hotel are located. From that point, take the oldest city elevator, to reach a more busy area of the city near Prat street. Here, you'll see the monumental figures of banks, which will transport you to the past, with their huge chandeliers and ceilings. Reach Mayor Town Square known as Sotomayor Square and see why Valparaiso is a UNESCO World Heritage Site as you admire Hotel Victoria, The Council of the Arts and Culture, the Germania Bomba, the former quartermaster and the entrance to the port of Valparaiso.
See the Monument to the Heroes of the Battle of Iquique and, from there, head through a small passage next to the courthouse to reach Peral leading to the Yugoslav ride, with the Palace of Barburizza and its characteristic art nouveau style. From there, you'll walk through narrow alleys leading you back to a hill where your walking tour ends. You will then be dropped-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Valparaiso City Walking Tour
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Tour: Valparaiso City Walking Tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair assistance is required
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Tour is not available to cruise ship passengers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.