Private Tour: Varazdin And Trakosan Castle Day Trip From ZagrebWrite a Review
From USD 96.39
OverviewVisit the handsome Croatian town of Varadin and Trakoan Castle on a private day trip from Zagreb! With a private guide at your side, discover the delights of Croatias former capital city, seeing Baroque architecture and an abundance of sights like Varadin Town Hall and the Cathedral of the Assumption. After enjoying some free time in town, travel to nearby Trakoan Castle for a tour and marvel at the splendor of one of Croatias finest castles.
- All entrance fees included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at your central Zagreb hotel, and then hop aboard your luxury air-conditioned coach for your journey north to Varaždin, roughly 50 miles (81km) away. As the former capital of Croatia and cultural heart of the Međimurje region, Varaždin has a refined architecture in abundance, and your guide will show off its best bits on your walking tour.
Hop off your coach and enjoy a leisurely paced stroll around the pretty cobblestone streets that comprise the town center. Gaze around at the resplendent Baroque buildings that throng the alleyways while hearing tales and trivia about the town.
Hear how the town flourished as Croatia’s center of commerce during the late 17th century, enjoying a stint as the country’s capital before a fire snuffed out its glory nearly a century later. See top Varaždin attractions like the Cathedral of the Assumption and the Monastery of St John the Baptist, and enjoy photo stops next to interesting buildings like Varaždin Town Hall.
Finish your walking tour in the center of town, and then enjoy an hour at leisure to sightsee independently or find a restaurant for lunch (own expense). Then, meet your guide at the prearranged time and continue your day trip to the town of Trakošćan, a short distance away.
The town’s spectacular centerpiece is Trakošćan Castle, a magnificent fortress that’s said to date back as far as the 13th century. Head inside with your guide, and explore the castle on a tour, admiring a medley of architectural styles from Romanesque to Gothic and Baroque. Learn about the Croatian aristocracy who once lived inside the castle and admire the portraits of them that seem to hang at every twist and turn.
After exploring the castle, return to your coach and relax on the journey south to Zagreb. Your tour finishes with a hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Varazdin And Trakosan Castle Day Trip From Zagreb
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private guide
- Entrance fee to Trakošćan Castle
- Private transport
Exclusions for Private Tour: Varazdin And Trakosan Castle Day Trip From Zagreb
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved; comfortable shoes and a hat are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.