OverviewHalf day tour to the Vatican Museums one of the world’s largest museum complexes, containing some 2,000 rooms that stretch for nearly 9 miles (15 km) inside Vatican City. Skip the line with your private group exclusive Viator, stroll through the corridors to view the world’s largest private art collection, once intended exclusively for the pope.
- Skip the line
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourGet picked up in the afternoon and transferred to the Vatican Museums to begin the tour.
As your expert guide entertains you with tales of Vatican power and intrigue, you’ll feel the Renaissance works of art come to life. Amble through Raphael’s Rooms, the four interconnecting chambers adorned with paintings by Raphael and his pupils, before visiting the breathtakingly beautiful Sistine Chapel, which is considered the pope’s home chapel. Walk through this sacred Vatican site to see Michelangelo’s astounding frescoes, The Creation of Adam and The Last Judgment.
Continue on to visit St. Peter’s Basilica next door. Step inside to see why it’s so much more than just a church. Gaze in wonder at its awe-inspiring architecture and mosaics, including another Michelangelo masterpiece, La Pietà. Steeped in history, St. Peters Basilica is said to stand on the ground where St. Peter the Apostle was crucified and buried. The guide will explain the highlights of the basilica and its significance as the holiest place in Christendom.
Please note: If St. Peter's Basilica is being used for religious ceremonies or functions such that entry in prohibited, the tour will be given from the outside.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Vatican Museum And St. Peter's Basilica Tour
- Professional guide 3 hours
- Admission ticket
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Private Tour: Vatican Museum And St. Peter's Basilica Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
The tour can be changed without notice due to weather and traffic
Tour start from your hotel/accommodation, please refer to the Concierge for information about collection schedules.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.