OverviewPrivate Vatican Museums + Sistine Chapel + St. Peter’s Basilica. With skip the line access included. Immerse yourself in the art and culture of Vatican City. Skip the line and tour the Vatican Museums, marvel at the Sistine Chapel and stand in awe at St. Peter’s Basilica. The tour departure time can be arranged according to your needs.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Ideal choice for families
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
Know More about this tourAfter meeting your tour guide in the morning or afternoon (your choice), the expedition starts at the Vatican Museums, where you will be exposed to a plethora of Roman art from 3 artistic styles: Baroque, Renaissance, and Medieval. In turn, you will also see ancient Roman sculptures, mosaics, and art-craft. Your guide will explain over 2,000 years of Roman history along the way.
Enter the Raphael Rooms, a suite of four reception rooms, and take in their gorgeous frescoes. Paired with Michelangelo’s frescoes in the Sistine Chapel, they are the most famous fresco sequences that mark the High Renaissance period in Rome.
The journey continues as you make your way to the Sistine Chapel. Upon entrance, our guides will explain the life, times and works of Michelangelo and the patron of this chapel, Pope Julius II. As you enter, imagine a work of art so vast that it paints nine scenes of a story. This is Michelangelo’s ceiling fresco in the Sistine Chapel. Your eyes will thank you for the beauty they have just witnessed.
It only gets better as you walk through one of the largest churches in the world, and one of the most recognized works of Renaissance architecture, St. Peter’s Basilica. St. Peter’s was designed by the great artists Donato Bramante, Carlo Maderno, Gian Lorenzo Bernini, and Michelangelo, and holds up to 20,000 people. You will also see Pietà, the most recognized religious sculpture by Michelangelo.
Inclusions for Private Tour Vatican Museums Sistine Chapel St Peter Basilica AM PM And Night Option
- Private tour
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees (if option selected)
Exclusions for Private Tour Vatican Museums Sistine Chapel St Peter Basilica AM PM And Night Option
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees - if 10 to 15 People (No Tickets) option is selected
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 1 paying adult
Depending on your group size, be sure to select the correct option at time of booking
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
Please remove your hat before entering the Sistine Chapel and St Peter's Basilica as a sign of respect
On occasion the Vatican or certain areas of the Vatican are closed without notice. The tour will continue with an alternate route. There will be no refunds.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.