Private Tour: Venice Gondola Ride Including The Grand Canal
OverviewFloat through Venice by private gondola boat on a 1-hour tour, and learn all about the history of the quintessential Venetian gondolas, too! As a gondolier navigates the boat along the famous Grand Canal, relax and listen to fun facts and trivia about the boats and the city from a local guide. Pass along pretty Rio della Madonnetta, and then ogle top Venice attractions such as Rialto Bridge and the glamorous Gothic Ca dOro mansion on the Grand Canal. The traditional gondola is small but seats up to five people comfortably in addition to the onboard guide and gondolier.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Fully narrated tour
Know More about this tourStep aboard your boat at a gondola stop near St Marks Square, and then sit back and relax as your gondolier expertly navigates your gondola around the waterways. The traditional flat-bottomed boats have been used for centuries in the city and, as you explore the canals, your onboard guide will keep you entertained with trivia and history about them.
Cruise along Rio della Madonnetta, a picturesque channel that borders the San Polo and Santa Croce neighborhoods, and enter the Grand Canal. Snaking some 1.9 miles (3km) through the city, the famous canal is lined by grandiose churches and glamorous palazzi that look out on the countless gondolas, barges, water buses and taxis on the water. Soak up the sights and hear entertaining stories about how Venice was built from your guide.
Pass beneath Accademia Bridge, seeing the San Marco neighborhood on one side and Dorsoduro on the other, and listen to more tales of Venetian history over the years. Work your way through some of the less-busy and equally enchanting side canals, and then pass back onto the Grand Canal to see Ca dOro, an attention-grabbing mansion with magnificent Gothic arcades.
Before working your way back to the start point, see Rialto Market with its colorful stalls of fresh fish, fruit and vegetables, and then pass beneath Rialto Bridge one of the icons of Venice. Hop back onto dry land at the start point and bid your guide and gondolier a fond farewell.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Venice Gondola Ride Including The Grand Canal
- Private guide
- Transport by private gondola
Exclusions for Private Tour: Venice Gondola Ride Including The Grand Canal
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Infants aged under 2 years will be seated on the lap of an adult
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
There is a limit of 5 people per gondola (6 including guide)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.