Private Tour Visiting Batalha Monastery, Porto De Mós, Aire And Candeeiros National Park With Typical Lunch - Lisbon
OverviewCome and visit the Monastery of Batalha, built by King Dom Joo I in 1386, in honour of Santa Maria da Vitria. This monument was built by the Portuguese monarch to thank for the victory of Portugal at the Battle of Aljubarrota in 1385 against the powerful Spanish army. This battle between David and Goliath marks the beginning of the Second Dynasty of Portugal, and opens the way to the great Maritime Discoveries of the 15th and 16th Centuries.The Monastery of Batalha is a masterpiece of Gothic architecture and it took more than a hundred years to build, spanning several reigns. In 1983 the monument was classified as World Heritage by UNESCO.On our way to Batalha, our tour takes us to visit one of the great natural beauties north of Lisbon the Serra de Aire and Candeeiros Natural Park.
Know More about this tour
Batalha is about 130kms from Lisbon, which enables us to discover the hidden natural beauties of this area of Central Portugal. On the way we visit the historical Salt Pans of Rio Maior, the Renaissance-style Castle of Porto de Ms, and the Serra de Aire and Candeeiros Natural Park, whose breathtaking scenery and surrounding natural beauty can only be experienced once we leave the motorway and follow the countryside route.
After enjoying a typical lunch (included in the price), we continue our tour to visit the Monastery of Batalha and the site where the battle took place. Here there is an option to visit the interpretation center, which has a museum and a multimedia reconstruction of the fighting, with an explanation of the use of the famous square tactic.
Inclusions for Private Tour Visiting Batalha Monastery, Porto De Mós, Aire And Candeeiros National Park With Typical Lunch
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- Wifi Internet onboard
- Typical Lunch
Exclusions for Private Tour Visiting Batalha Monastery, Porto De Mós, Aire And Candeeiros National Park With Typical Lunch
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A small amount of walking is involved
Minimum age is 10 years
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Best Live Fado Show in Lisbon: 'Fado in Chiado'
- Horse Riding Tour on the Beach
- Wifi everywhere in Lisbon
- Discover Lisbon in a Delicatessen Private Food Tour
- Day Trip to Lisbon Gay Beach 19
- Arrbida Full day tour - Discover a paradise with a local
- Lisbon Stories private tour_ half day with transportation
- Yacht Sailing Tour on The Tagus River from Lisbon