OverviewCross over the Croatia-Bosnia and Herzegovina border and head underground to explore the UNESCO World Heritage–listed Vjetrenica Cave on this day trip from Dubrovnik. With a professional guide, explore the famous cave network of stalactites, stalagmites and subterranean lakes. See ancient cave drawings and learn about the cave’s long history and status as the country’s largest and most important cave. Then, enjoy a tasty lunch at a local restaurant before returning to Dubrovnik.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Instant Confirmation
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourStart with a pickup from your hotel in central Dubrovnik, and set out by air-conditioned private vehicle to Vjetrenica Cave in Bosnia and Herzegovina. Along the way, make several stops to soak up the views, and hear how the UNESCO-listed Vjetrenica is the largest and most important cave in the country and the Dinaric Alps.
After roughly two hours, hop out of your coach and follow your guide into the depths of the cave. Spend the next hour exploring the subterranean passages, which stretch out over 3.7 miles (6 km).
Ogle the eerie stalactites, stalagmites and rock formations, and learn the origins behind the caves name, which means wind cave. See, too, cave drawings estimated to be more than 10,000 years old, and wander past small lakes whose waters are home to rare species such as the blind salamanders known as human fish.
Back above ground, continue to a nearby restaurant for lunch (own expense). Tuck into local dishes such as peka, a tasty meat or fish and potato dish that is cooked under the lid in a covered pot and put directly into the embers of a fireplace.
With your appetite sated, return to your coach and begin the journey back to Dubrovnik, where your tours concludes with a drop-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Vjetrenica Cave Day Trip From Dubrovnik
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private driver/guide
- Entrance fee to Vjetrenica Cave
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private Tour: Vjetrenica Cave Day Trip From Dubrovnik
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.