Private Tour: Volunteer For A Day At Dujiangyan Panda Rescue Center From Chengdu
OverviewBeing a panda keeper for the day on this guided tour to the Dujiangyan Panda Rescue Center in Chengdu. Feed pandas with your hands and see dozens of pandas in a peaceful natural atmosphere. After a memorable day with pandas, you will be awarded with a panda volunteer certificate. This private tour includes hotel pickup and drop-off and lunch with the panda keepers in their canteen.
- Close encounter with wildlife
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Lunch included
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourMeet your English-speaking guide in the morning in the lobby of your Chengdu hotel.
Embark on this 90-minute drive to the Dujiangyan Panda Rescue Center, which is about 41 miles (67 km) away from Chengdu. The center is one of the three panda bases belonging to the China Conservation and Research Center for the Giant Panda. When the Dujiangyan Base was officially opened in 2013, more than 10 rescued injured wild pandas were moved in for treatment to be taken care of.
Upon arrival, you will meet the Chinese panda staff, check in, and receive your working uniform, gloves, a volunteer badge and a locker.
After a welcome briefing, get your schedule and sign a volunteer liability agreement, then begin your day as a panda volunteer! Follow your master to the panda kitchen to prepare some food for the pandas. Normally, panda food is composed of apples, bamboo, panda cakes and milk.
Now it's time to feed your panda for the day, a Chinese panda staff will help and guide you. Your English-speaking guide will accompany you to help you communicate with the staff. After the feeding, you will have time to visit other enclosures of pandas in the base and enjoy lunch in the staff canteen. During your lunch break, you may stroll around the base and watch some panda videos in the volunteer service center before your volunteer work continues at 2pm.
Spend the afternoon cleaning panda enclosures, recording its behavior, weight and feeding it for a second time. At the end of this volunteering day, return to the volunteer service center where you will return your uniform, badge and locker key.
After your memorable day helping pandas, you will receive a volunteer certificate and a complimentary t-shirt with the Panda Base logo. Meet your guide and relax during your transfer back to your hotel in Chengdu with the memory of this once-in-a-lifetime experience.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Volunteer For A Day At Dujiangyan Panda Rescue Center From Chengdu
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entrance fees
- Round-trip private transfer
- Volunteer certificate and Panda Base t-shirt
Exclusions for Private Tour: Volunteer For A Day At Dujiangyan Panda Rescue Center From Chengdu
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenir photo with panda (available to purchase)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
A souvenir photo holding a young panda (1800 yuan per person) is available for purchase at the base. Photo opportunity must be booked in advance, please advise at the time of booking under "special requirement" if you would like to reserve this option
Minimum age is 13 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
A maximum of 10 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.