Private Tour: White Cliffs Of Dover Guided Tour Including South Foreland Walk
OverviewExplore the White Cliffs of Dover area with a full-day, private guided tour for up to 8 people. You will be met by your guide with a luxury vehicle with leather seats and air-conditioning from your local hotel, Dover Cruise Terminal or local train station. Take in the view from on top of the White Cliffs of Dover, then walk along its beautiful footpath to the South Foreland Lighthouse (1-2 hours). Discover some of the history that this part of Kent has to offer. See Cliffs, castles and coves scattered in and around some pretty towns and villages, steeped in stories from the past, from smugglers to monarchy. Stand on some of its beaches, even where the Romans first invaded more than 2000 years ago! Enjoy being shown around by a local guide who has lived in the area all his life.
Know More about this tourThis private full-day tour is a wonderful opportunity to explore the White Cliffs of Dover. This private guided tour is just for your group and lasts 8 hours giving you time to take in the area. You will be met by your guide with a luxury vehicle with 8 leather seats and air-conditioning.
Once youre safely on board you will start the tour on Dover's seafront looking up at the White Cliffs and Dover Castle. Driving around the Castle to the South Foreland(the White Cliffs), you can look down at the port and acrossto France. From here you will take theSouth Foreland Walk, a breathtaking coastal path tothe South Foreland Lighthouse at St Margaret's Bay. This walk, with its outstanding views are amongst the most beautiful in England.You can take refreshments at Mrs Knott's Tea Room at the South Foreland Lighthouse (at own expense). Once refreshed your guide will drive you through the pretty village ofSt Margarets at Cliffe to its secret Bay. From here, head for the beautiful village of Kingsdown and its beach where it's believed the Romans first invaded Britain more than 2000 years ago.
Then onto the award winning seaside town of Deal via Walmer Castle, the home of the Lord Warden of the Cinque Ports. Discover Deal'shistory of smuggling before visiting the Medieval town of Sandwich.
As this is a private tour it can be flexible to meet your needs. Relax knowing your guide will make sure you enjoy yourself having plenty of time for photo opportunities, a pint in a local pub or an ice cream on the seafront. Your tour will finish back where you started.
Inclusions for Private Tour: White Cliffs Of Dover Guided Tour Including South Foreland Walk
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for Private Tour: White Cliffs Of Dover Guided Tour Including South Foreland Walk
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Important: Please advise your hotel, port or train station details at the time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Guided Tour of Cathedral of Holy Trinity
- Privat Airport Transfer Sri lanka From Bandaranayake International Airport
- Red Dot Design Museum Admission Ticket
- Sombai Infused Cambodian Liqueur: Workshop Visit and Liqueur Tasting
- Selvatura Park: Hummingbird Garden and Insect Museum Tour
- Private One-Way Transfer: Hurghada Airport to Hurghada Hotels