OverviewEscape Montevideo for a morning or afternoon of wine tasting! One of the largest producers of wine in South America, Uruguay is known for its red wines made from tannat grapes. You’ll sample these wines, plus many others, at two different wineries. During private tours of the wineries and 10 total tastings, you’ll learn about the country’s winemaking history and significance from a knowledgeable guide.
Know More about this tourYour Uruguay wine-tasting tour begins as you are picked up from your Montevideo hotel in a car or minivan and driven to your first stop of the day.
Enjoy sample tastings of tannat, a red wine grape that makes rich, bold wine. Learn about the winery’s long history of winemaking -- a family operation that has taken the winemakers to France and back -- as you tour the property with your guide, who is knowledgeable about Uruguay’s wine industry. You’ll then be walked through the wine-tasting process before enjoying five tastings of the winery’s varietals. Light snacks such as cheese, crackers, nuts and grapes will accompany your tasting.
Then, head to your second winery, a family-owned winery that produces varietals like merlot, chardonnay and Albariño (a type of white grape). Take a tour of the facilities, originally built in 1942 in the style of a French estate, and learn about the winemaking process, and then enjoy another five tastings as you admire gorgeous pastoral views of the grapevines.
No need to worry about consuming too much wine, as you’ll be driven right back to your Montevideo hotel at the end of your tour!
Inclusions for Private Tour: Wine-Tasting Tour From Montevideo
- Wine-tasting tour at two wineries
- Tour of the vineyards
- Light refreshments
- 10 wine tastings
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Private Tour: Wine-Tasting Tour From Montevideo
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.