From USD 114.25
OverviewSoak up some of Taiwans best natural landscapes on a private day trip to Yangmingshan National Park from Taipei. Famous for its sulfurous rocks, hot springs and volcanic fumaroles, Yangmingshan includes an extensive network of hiking trails. Explore the rich diversity of flora and fauna as you visit an extinct volcano, Qingtiangang Meadow and Bamboo Lake with an informative guide. Youll enjoy authentic Taiwanese cuisine at Stone House Restaurant, located in the park, and transport by private, air-conditioned minivan.
- All entrance fees included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Lunch included
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tour
Meet your experienced guide at a designated location in the Zhongzheng District of Taipei and hop aboard a private, air-conditioned vehicle to begin your full-day tour of Yangmingshan National Park. Located 3,280 feet (1,000 meters) above sea level, the park’s volcanic landscape thrives with natural minerals and an abundance of seasonal plants and flowers.
Departing at 9am, you’ll reach your first stop in Yangmingshan, located less than an hour away. Visit the Zhongshan Building (Chung-Shan Building), one of several structures in the Sun Yat-Sen Memorial Hall complex. Your guide will inform you about the historical significance of the building – its image appears on the new Taiwan 100 dollar bill – and discuss the architectural style of the white walls and green tiles, designed by the female architect Xiu Zelan.
Next, enjoy lunch at Stone House Restaurant, one of Yangmingshan’s famous restaurants. Dine on delicious authentic Taiwanese cuisine in an intimate setting decorated with antiques.
After lunch, your guide will take your private party to the small oil pit (Xiaoyoukeng) to discover Taiwan’s famous extinct volcano. Keep an eye out for remnants of the site’s former volcanic activity as steam and gases are still emitted from this natural phenomenon. Learn about the sulfurous rocks and natural hot springs in Yangmingshan as you walk along nearby hiking trails and pass through a thick bamboo forest in a region covered with silver grass.
From here, head to Qingtiangang Meadow, also known as ‘Valley of the Sun,' where lush green pastures blanket grounds that were once a lava field. Take a lazy stroll around Qingtiangang Meadow to watch cattle graze and revel in the clear, fresh air of Taiwan’s countryside.
Finally, drop by enchanting Bamboo Lake where a 32-acre (13-hectare) field of flowers bursts into bloom (depending on the season) in the fertile, volcanic soil. In spring, calla lilies are a favorite for picking in this picturesque valley where mountains dot the landscape that is some 500,000 years old.
Around 5pm, your guide will transport you back by private vehicle, arriving in Taipei around 6pm.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Yangmingshan National Park Day Trip From Taipei
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Private Tour: Yangmingshan National Park Day Trip From Taipei
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved. Please wear comfortable shoes
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.