OverviewUnique tour to the Mezhigorie Ukrainian President Yanukovych's countryside residence located ten kilometers from Kiev, and has area about 40 acres. Trip to Ukrainian president Yanukovych's countryside residence Mezhigorie will allow you to experience unforgettable and conflicting feelings. On one hand, it is beautiful and very well maintained park, on the other hand is a collection of expensive works of art and architecture, without any meaning and logic, which is privately owned by one family and kept at taxpayers. We cannot ignore the main five storeys house – three wooden and two stone HONKY. The interior of the Viktor Yanukovych House is rich and fascinating. All around sparkles from a huge amount of gold and crystal. A prominent place is a large icon of the Mother of God, thus emphasizing the sanctity of ostentatious former owner. Many tourists compare this place with Versailles.
- Exclusive to Viator
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Multiple departure times and locations available
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Small-group tour
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide in the lobby of the Hotel Ukraine at 9am and make yourself comfortable in the private vehicle for the journey to theMezhyhirya Residence Museum, once theprivate residence of former President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych.
Thirty minutes later you will arrive atMezhyhirya, a luxurious 140-hectare (350 acre) site whereYanukovych lived before being ousted from power and fleeing to Russia in 2014. After paying the entrance fee (approximately 50 UAH / US $2 per person), learn the details of Yanukovych's corruption as your guide leads you on a 3-hour walking tour of Mezhyhirya, taking in the mansion with its $100,00 chandeliers and priceless works of art, a replica Spanish galleon, and recreation center with bowling, an underground shooting range and tennis courts.
Stroll around the vastlandscaped gardens dotted with opulent fountains and man-made lakes, an 18-hole golf course and helipad. Yanukovych's former residence also includesa small church, yacht pier, equestrian club, ostrich farm and, of course, the zoo with itskangaroos, emus and peacocks.
For an extra $10 per person, you can also visit the extravagant so-called club house, known as 'Honka' after the Finnish company which built it. Other optional extras include the museumof vintage cars and motorcycles (extra $2 per person), visiting the bath complex(extra $2 per person), golf cart rental(extra $4) or bicycle hire(extra $2).
Inclusions for Private Tour: Yanukovych's Countryside Residence From Kiev
- Round-trip transfers from Kiev to Mezhyhirya Residence Museum
- Transport by private vehicle or minivan or minibus
- Professional guide
- 3-hour walking tour by the territory
- Small-group tour limited to 2-15 people
Exclusions for Private Tour: Yanukovych's Countryside Residence From Kiev
- Mezhyhirya Residence Museum entrance fee (approximately 120 UAH / US$5 per person)
- Honka entrance fee (approximately 200 UAH / US $8 per person
- Bath complex entrance fee (approximately 50 UAH / US $2 per person)
- Museum of vintage cars entrance fee (approximately 50 UAH / US $2 per person)
- Transportation within Mezhyhirya Residence Museum
- Golf car rental (approximately 100 UAH / US $4 per person)
- Bicycle rental (approximately 100 UAH / US $4 per person)
- Food (available for purchase)
- Souvenirs and photos (available for purchase)
- Please be informed You should pay all entrances fee for the guide what coming with you from Kiev
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum of two people per booking
Children under 6 years are free of charge
Dress code is formal
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.