Private Tour: Zhujiajiao Water Town From Shanghai
OverviewOn this completely customizable, full-day private tour of Zhujiajiao, get an authentic experience of this small, ancient water town as you immerse yourself in the traditional local lifestyle. Discover the towns 1,700-year history manifested in its people, its food, its narrow alleys and ancient bridges, its antiquated buildings and the creaking boats floating along the picturesque canals. Your knowledgeable private guide will assist you in planning your day to ensure that you have an unforgettable experience.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourNestled just an hour away from Shanghai is a cozy, ancient water town characterized by winding canals, stone bridges, secluded cobblestone alleyways and several buildings from the Ming and Qing dynasties.
On this private tour, take advantage of your local guides expert knowledge on Zhujiajiaos hidden gems and popular spots to plan a day based on your own interests. No matter what you choose to see and do, your friendly guide will be at your side to help facilitate and enhance your discovery of this ancient water town by providing enlightening commentary and introducing you to the local people. Please note that any fees for activities, food and site visits are at your own expense.
After arriving in Zhujiajiao by private transfer from your Shanghai hotel, take a leisurely stroll over ancient stone bridges and see locals enjoying boat rides on the narrow waterways. Dont miss Fangsheng Bridge (Setting-Fish-Free Bridge), where you can experience a curious tradition of purchasing live fish from street vendors and then releasing them into the water for good luck.
Walk along the towns cobbled pathways and pass quaint houses with courtyards to witness the simplicity of daily life. Visit North Street, which boasts Zhujiajiaos small-scale commercial lanes set to a backdrop of historical buildings and bridges.
Board a boat for a tranquil cruise along winding waterways. Glide under stone bridges and see what life is like beside a river. For lunch, you may enjoy a meal you pre-packaged for yourself or eat at one the towns most popular restaurants, Maolin Hall, renowned for its eel noodle and mutton noodle specialties.
Visit Ke Zhi Yuan (Course Plant Garden), a large manorial garden home to one of the towns tallest structures a diametric pavilion called the Moon View Pavilion. If you feel like shopping, browse the various shops around town and peruse knick-knacks and nostalgic memorabilia that you may purchase as a keepsake of your unique experience.
Inclusions for Private Tour: Zhujiajiao Water Town From Shanghai
- Private tour
- Local English-speaking guide
- Expert guidance through Zhujiajiao
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private transportation to Zhujiajiao
Exclusions for Private Tour: Zhujiajiao Water Town From Shanghai
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Activities in Zhujiajiao
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Best of Shanghai Day Tour including Jade Buddha Temple and The Bund
- Day Tour of Shanghai Highlights
- Private Day Trip: Zhujiajiao Water Town and HuangPu River Cruise
- Small-Group Shanghai Sightseeing Tour, River Cruise and Wonton-Making Lesson
- Exploring Shanghai by Bike Half-Day Tour
- 3-Hour Authentic Local Food Tour In Central Shanghai