Private Tour: Zurich City Highlights
OverviewGet to know Zurich on a 2-hour or 4-hour private tour by minivan. This comprehensive sightseeing tour offers a flexible itinerary thats tailored to your interests. With your expert local guide, discover the citys history while seeing top Zurich attractions including Old Town (Altstadt), the Bahnhofstrasse, the Limmatquai and the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, where Albert Einstein taught. Explore vibrant cultural centers, view impressive landmarks such as the Lindenhof and Swiss National Museum, and, depending on which tour you choose, ride a cogwheel railway or soak up views of the snow-covered Alps on an aerial cable car, take a ferry ride on Lake Zurich, and drive along the Gold Coast.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
Know More about this tourYoull be picked up from your Zurich hotel at your selected departure time for your choice of a 2-hour or 4-hour private sightseeing tour by minivan. Before your tour begins, your expert local guide will give an overview of what you'll see, giving you the chance to amend the itinerary according to your preferences. Below is a sample itinerary.
Throughout your tour, your guide will offer interesting commentary about the sights you see, making for a more meaningful, immersive experience. By the time your tour ends back at your hotel, youll discover why Zurich is ranked one of the worlds top 25 cities with the highest quality of life!
Inclusions for Private Tour: Zurich City Highlights
- Private tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Ride on the cogwheel railway (2-hour tour)
- Ride on the aerial cable car (4-hour tour)
- Ferry ride on Lake Zurich (4-hour tour)
Exclusions for Private Tour: Zurich City Highlights
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Itinerary:2-Hour Tour:Start with a trip to Bahnhofstrasse, Zurich's main downtown street and one of the world's most expensive and exclusive shopping avenues. Then, make your way to the Limmatquai, a vibrant, historical shopping, dining and hotel area with many interesting buildings dating from the days of the rich Guilds that governed Zurich until 1789.
In Old Town (Altstadt), view the Lindenhof, the historical site of a Roman castle situated on a hillside, from where you can get great views of Old Town during own exploration later. Head to St Peter, one of the four main churches in Old Town whose clock face is the largest in all of Europe. Admire the castle-like Swiss National Museum, visit the Zünfte guilded houses and the Zurich Opera House, and stop at Lake Zurich for photo ops.
The 2-hour tour includes a ride on the cogwheel railway (Dolderbahn). Travel uphill to the Zurichberg district, where you’ll marvel at superb mansions and the renovated five-star Grand Hotel Dolder.
See the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, whose most famous former student and professor is Albert Einstein. Finally, stop at Church of Our Lady (Fraumünster) to admire and learn about the world-famous Chagall Windows, created by famous artist Marc Chagall. These beautiful stained-glass windows bathe the chapel in a rainbow of light.
4-Hour TourThis tour combines Zurich’s culture and natural beauty. Similar to the 2-hour tour, you'll see major attractions including Old Town, St Peter church, the Bahnhofstrasse, the Limmatquai and the Zünfte guilded houses. Make a photo stop at Enge Harbor to enjoy a beautiful view of Lake Zurich, the city and the surrounding hills, and then visit Church of Our Lady (Fraumünster) to admire and learn about the famous Chagall Windows.
Your journey continues to Adliswil for a ride on an aerial cable car, affording incredible panoramic vistas of the city, Lake Zurich and the snow-covered Alps. Disembark at Felsenegg, a vantage point offering sweeping city views.This experience is highly recommended!
Finally, take a 10-minute ferry ride across Lake Zurich. When you reach the shore, you’ll take a drive back to Zurich along the stunning Gold Coast, a prosperous region on the northeastern shore of the lake that’s graced by the warm yellow light of the evening sun.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 21 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
The tour can be tailored to your wishes. Please list any special interests in the 'special requirements' field on booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Beginners Ski Day Trip to Jungfrau Ski Region from Zurich
- Private Arrival Transfer: Zurich Airport to St Moritz
- Interlaken - Grindelwald in the Bernese Oberland (from Zurich)
- Culinary Tour from Zurich with Traditional Swiss Cheese Fondue Dinner
- Zurich Airport to Hotel Round-Trip Private Business Transfer
- Switzerland Mountains, Cheese and Chocolates Tour from Zurich
- Swiss Alps Small Group Day Tour from Zurich
- Zurich Super Saver 2: Rhine Falls including Best of Zurich City Tour