Private Traditional Balinese Cooking Class And Garden Tour In An Ubud
OverviewEat with a local family in their home in this private 4-hour authentic experience. Visit a traditional Balinese walled family compound nestled in a village in the terraced foothills just north of Ubud. Learn to cook local dishes that you will enjoy together in the lush greenery surrounding your host's home.This tour offers a morning or afternoon departure.
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
- Led by a local guide
- All-inclusive tour
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Vegetarian meal option available
Know More about this tour
Start this private food adventure with a convenient pick up from your Ubud hotel at 9am or 4pm. If you are not staying in Ubud, make your own way and meet your host Dewa at a designated resort near his house. Visit a traditional Balinese walled family compound nestled in a village in the terraced foothills just north of Ubud. Consisting of several open pavilions around a central courtyard, the village is home to your hosts Dewa, Jero and their extended family.
Near Dewa's home, discover exoticBalinese fruits, herbs andspices such as galangal, cloves, cacao and nutmeg and learn about their medicinal properties. Then, walk 10 minutes to Dewa's home for a tour of the family compound before joining the family to cook authentic, home-cooked Balinese dishes using a traditional wood-fired oven. Learn to cook dishes such aspepes Ikan (grilled tuna in banana leaves), bumbu kuning (chicken in a fresh turmeric and coconut milk sauce), and bregedel (hand-ground corn fritters). Enjoy the delicious meal you helped prepare while experiencing the life of a local family in the lush green of their compound walls. Leave with familyrecipes, new friends, and lifelong memories.
Please note, this is not a professional cooking class, rather this experience is a visit to an authentic, local home to meet a local family who are expert cooksand share Balineseculture and cuisine together.
Inclusions for Private Traditional Balinese Cooking Class And Garden Tour In An Ubud
- Local beer
- Bottled water
- In-home meal
- All activities
- Local host
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Ubud hotels only
- Private tour
Exclusions for Private Traditional Balinese Cooking Class And Garden Tour In An Ubud
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside Ubud region
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A small amount of walking is involved
Please contact us to confirm if your hotel is within the pickup list
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.