Private Traditional Chinese Tea Making Ceremony - TaipeiWrite a Review
OverviewEnjoy an authentic cultural experience during a tea ceremony in Taipei.Gngf ch ('making tea with effort') is a traditional Chinese tea ceremony to brew Chinese tea in China and Taiwan. Alongside a respected master of tea, succumb to serenity as you relax with melodious music, fragrant incense and soothing tea made from rare tea leaves. Learn about the cultural significance of the beverage with your English-speaking guide and educate your palate to the delicate and distinctive flavors of different tea types. Sample varieties of black, Oolong, Pu-erh and green tea then perform the tea ritual to cement your newly acquired skills.
- Instant Confirmation
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Snacks and Beverages included
- All entrance fees included
- Family friendly
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
Know More about this tourYou will meet your guide at a centralized location. From there, your guide will take you a very famous Taiwanese Teas House and introduce you to the Tea Master. You will start the ceremony with some refreshing cups of tea and some traditional Taiwanese snacks, while your instructor introducing the world of tea. You're welcome to ask any questions about tea, Taiwanese culture or any other subjects
In this ceremony you will learn how to prepare Taiwanese teas. The knowledge you will gain is also applicable to teas popular in other Asian countries, such as Japan. In Taiwan, there 3 main types of tea: Oolong tea, Green tea and Black tea. Oolong tea is the most notable and Oolongs grown in Taiwan account for about 20% of world production.
You will make four types of Oolong tea: Dong Ding Oolong, High Mountain Oolong, Bai Hao/Oriental Beauty, and Aged Oolong, and discuss these and other varieties.
There are many health benefits to drinking tea including weight loss. During this ceremony you will find out how Chinese tea is used as part of balanced diet, to make eating a more enjoyable and healthy experience. Your instructor will explain which foods go best with various varieties of tea.
You will use traditional Chinese-style teapots and cups in this ceremony, but in case you don't have any at home, you also will be explained how you can use Western-style utensils to make Oolong tea.
Later in the ceremony, you will have the opportunity to practice what you have learned by making tea yourself.
Inclusions for Private Traditional Chinese Tea Making Ceremony
- Private tea making ceremony
- Tea snacks
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Private Traditional Chinese Tea Making Ceremony
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
If you wish to attend the tour at a different session, please ensure you make a clear statement in the special request field to avoid the 2pm default time
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.